Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to hide Item Category

former_member201357
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Pl suggest me here,

At present the we are using only 2 item categoreis N & L, but in the list system showing some other categories also, which he (User) really dont want to see.

so is there any alternate option to hide these values any how instead of deleting it.

Kindly suggest me how can i do it and what the confg path for the same .

Thanks

PS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The better option is to add required Item categories in user Personal list, as item categories are used across different modules.

I hope there is no specific configuration to define new MM Item category. MM Item category have limited access to edit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,  You can select the options "L" & "N" in item category and click "Insert in Personal List" icon on top, so that only L & N options will be displayed for the user by default. In case if user wants to see remaining values, click "Display all values" option.

Check the screenshot attached.

Regards

Sathish Kumar Balakrishnan

former_member201357
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Maheswaran & Satish.

Thanks for giving your precious time.

Satish: I am satisfied with your last reply, but i think this option is only for user specific. Can i do the same for all user, if yes then pl guide me..  or Can we achieve this requirement via any user exit ?

Regards

PS 

Former Member
0 Kudos

The better option is to add required Item categories in user Personal list, as item categories are used across different modules.

Please read my reply. Not possible to use any user exit. You have to do it separately for the required users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best option would be to educate your users on this option, so that they can keep altering the values based on their business requirement. Every user will have their own preference.

Hope this solves.

Regards

Sathish Kumar Balakrishnan