cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running WebDynPro application in Internet

pkb
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to fetch our Portal application (EP) from internet . All Java Applications are able to fetch or brows in internet but we are not able to run WebDynPro ABAP application to run in internet . So is there any special setting is required to fetch WebDynPro ABAP application in Internet ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

praveen_reddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is this issue is resolved if YES please let me know. In EP PRD  we are unable to execute/open Webdynpro ABAP applications.

Please do the needful ASAP.

This is very Urgent!!

Regards,

Praveen

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

What kind of the error message you are getting?

I appreciate if you elaborate the issue in detail.

Regards,

Rama

praveen_reddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

when we connect to client VPN and then logon to ESS PRD portal by accessing any Webdynpro applications is not working.

For your reference am attaching the screenshots.

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

This message is related to the issue with host entries.

Please check whether host entries are maintained for the system in which you are accessing applications or ask the basis team to make it network wide settings.

Check this path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Regards,

Rama

praveen_reddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

It is not possible to maintain host entries in C:Drive for all users.

Where do we maintain the network wide settings in Backend.

Thank for your quick help.

Regards,

Praveen

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Yes, we can maintain the host entries for all users at central location.

i.e. the full host name for your web application server should be registered in your corporate DNS.

Please seek help of your network administration team for the same.

Regards,

Rama

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Was your issue resolved?

Regards,

Rama

praveen_reddy2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rama,

Basis team are looking into these issue.. I Just forwarded your inputs.

Appreciate your continuous support.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must activate the SICF entries corresponding of your development (see in the error the directory entry)

you must have an host know in the internet "mymachine"  is not an host for internet ..

you must have open the port corresponding of your wd (8000 maybe)

Fred

pkb
Participant
0 Kudos

It is sufficient to access the portal over internet if we open the port 50000 from Web Dispatcher, which is the HTTP port of the AS Java ESS/MSS portal. And is happening normally.

Our only concern is that some applications which are in the AS Java portal, tries to access the back end ECC system directly, over ITS port 8000. And since port 8000 of the ECC system is not directly accessible from Web Dispatcher, the application fails to launch.

We failed to understand why even after opening the AS Java portal through the Web Dispatcher, we are still not able to access all the applications as mentioned in my earlier comments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In interenet setting do changes like:

tools->internet options-> connections->lan settings->advanced->Exemption(add below code to run dynnpro)

http://cshecad1*

regrads.

lingaraj.

pkb
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Desai,

We have done the changes in setting as you said, but it is not working. 

Can you explain what is cshecad1

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what kinda problem or error you are facing..

give your detailed issue info here.. so that we can help you further..

thanks,

Mathan R.

pkb
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to access our ESS/MSS portal from internet.

We have installed SAP web Dispatcher 7.20 and configured it with SSL termination method so that it receives HTTPS requests from the browser and forward the request unencrypted to the backend AS Java ESS/MSS portal (EPQAS)

Now we are able to access all the applications like Leave Request, Form 16 Salary slip etc. But none of the ABAP Web Dynpro applications are opening. It simply says "Page Cannot be Displayed".

To tell you exactly about the error, these inaccessible applications seems to be coming directly from the backend ECC server (ECCQAS) and that's why the the dispatcher is unable to access them as we have opened only the port 50000 of the AS JAVA from the dispatcher.

for example, when we access the 'Leave Request' link in the portal, in the status bar, for a short time we can see the exact URL it is trying to access, for example: https://epqas:50000/<path of the leave application>.

But when we click in one of our own developed ABAP Web Dynpro application, say Overtime request, we could see the following URL is getting attempted:

https://eccqas:8000/<path of the overtime application>.

So, the Webdispatcher fails to retrieve this application.

So, I need to know, why the backend is directly getting called, even if we are trying to access the application from the AS Java ESS/MSS portal, with the particular application already plugged in to the portal?

Is it a must to open the backend the ECC system's ports also to be able to be accessed from these applications over internet? Please let me know, if there is any way I can make these applications openable like we are opening the standard ESS applications which are provided by default.

Regards,

P.K