cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of compilation errors in migration Java Webdynpro 7.0 -> 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we're migrating our system from 7.0 to 7.3. No problem in the migration of the portal except for some java webdynpro application.

I've upgraded my NWDS and trying to correct the DC projects.

But when I open them in the new NWSD I've plenty of errors due to some library problem.s

In particular:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.api.IWDContextMenuManager cannot be resolved to a type

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDContextMenuEvent cannot be resolved to a type

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.DataNodeElement cannot be resolved to a type

and a lot of problems with elements and nodes.

I've already tried to repair the projects but with no success.

Is there an easy way to migrate the projects?

How can I resolve all the library problems?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you run the migrate cheat-sheet wizard (after the migration popup has finished, right-click the project, click "migrate..." and go through the steps in the cheat sheet)

This should guide you -- amongst other things -- through the process of linking the proper DC's

Former Member
0 Kudos

The wizard is the one that opens automatically whan I import a DC project into NWDS 7.3 asking "the following projects ned to be migrated", right?

I've already run it with failures:

Migration of project projectName:

- Started migration for project projectName

OK

- Unable to load metadata model for project projectName

If there are build errors in Web Dynpro Project after migration,this might be due to internal API usages (see SAP Note 928485) For migrating internal API usages -> In Web Dynpro Explorer, right click on Project Node and choose Repair->Internal API Usages

I've tried the Repair->Internal API Usages but nothing changed.

I've cheked the SAP Note but it just said:

It is generally not recommended to use internal APIs as they are subject to change at any time, can change their semantics without warning and are not documented in detail.

SAP can not give any support if internal APIs have been used. You are strongly encouraged to use official APIs only !

Some are old projects and we need to migrate them on 7.3

I've tried to google the library that causes errors (com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.api.IWDContextMenuEvent / com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.context.DataNodeElement...)

but I can't find anything useful and I'm pretty sure they were automatically imported in the creation of the project.

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The wizard you mentioned is the initial wizard.

After that intial wizard has finished -- in my case also with warnings -- you need to right-click the component, and from the context-menu select "Migrate..." which opens the Cheat Sheet view, containing a wizard guiding you through the additional migration steps. This should saolve your problem

See also http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/a7/152df44212453d97abfd5e32917cf6/content.htm

(The classes that causes errors are not internal API's, as you can see from the public API http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW73/SPS07/CE/wdr/com.sap.wdr/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/progmodel/api/IWDCon... they have the correct namespace. Rather the dependent DC is changed)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for you help.

Meanwhile we realised we didn't add some default dependencies on the configuration of the NWDI track:

- COMP_BUILDT

- ECM-CORE

- ENGFACADE

- ENGINEAPI

- ESCONF_BUILDT

- ESF

- FRAMEWORK

- MOIN_BUILDT

- SAP_BUILDT

- WD-RUNTIME

- FRAMEWORK-EXT

- WDEXTENSIONS

- SERVERCORE

We've use the OSS note 1572743 to configure the new track.

When I import my projects and check the dependencies of the component I've some problems:

If I try to click on the library to have more informations I get the following error:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

java.lang.NullPointerException

Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder.project.WDTypeSpecificDependencyDelegate.getKindState(WDTypeSpecificDependencyDelegate.java:44)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.type.wizard.dependency.DetailsComposite.calculateShowData(DetailsComposite.java:410)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.type.wizard.dependency.DetailsComposite.isRepaintNeeded(DetailsComposite.java:143)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.views.cpview.pages.util.DependencyDetailsDcRef.update(DependencyDetailsDcRef.java:65)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.views.cpview.pages.DcDependencyPage.repaintDetailsSpecific(DcDependencyPage.java:939)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.views.cpview.pages.DcDependencyPage.repaintDependencyProperties(DcDependencyPage.java:903)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.views.cpview.pages.DcDependencyPage.access$800(DcDependencyPage.java:132)

at com.sap.ide.dii05.ui.internal.views.cpview.pages.DcDependencyPage$10.selectionChanged(DcDependencyPage.java:607)

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually the last problem was due to missing dependencies in the trask. After correcting this problem the procedure for migrating works well!

Answers (0)