cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System date in file name for Sender Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to retrieve some files every day from my source directory, using the system date as a mask for the filename. Is it possible to do any kind of dynamic configuration for Sender Adapter? I only need to read the files with the current system date every day.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

><i>

only need to read the files with the current system date every day.</i>

Sorry failed to see this.

Not currently possible without workarounds in XI.

1. Use a Staging folder where the senduing system will put the files. Write a shell script which will move only the current date files to the folder on which XI is polling. Here , you can use wild card characters.

2. Module option , not sure how it will work. You will be doing an I?O inside the module code and this is not recommended. Also, what will be the trigger for your interface if you are planning to use a module to read the files on the basis of System Date.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I will check the possibility of proceeding with the first option before trying the module. Thanks for your reply.

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IS you file name just going to contain the System Date?

If yes, and you requirement is that on a particular date only the files with thre Sysdate should be selected by the Sender File Adapter it is not possible.

But, you can always use Wild Card Characters in your file name and so if the files are going to be in just one folder and you are Archiving / Deleteing the files then you can use the filename as . or .XML or Identifier.* and so on.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh,

The file name is going to contain the system date, and I'm not authorized to move or modify the files at the moment.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you giev an example on how the File Name will look like?

is it going to be <b>Identifier+SYSDATE</b> or is it going to be just <b>SYSDATE</b>?

Like I pointed you can use wild card characters in your filename field in the Sender File Adapter. Would nt that help?

Can you give more info?

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's going to be an IDENTIFIER+SYSDATE, but they are going to be daily generated and will remain in the source directory, and I only have to process them once.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Francusco,

U need to develop an adapter module and retreive the filename there.

Please refer to this link https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/da5675d1-0301-0010-9584-f6c...

Ur logic could reside in the module itself

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thank you very much for your reply, I will study this option for my issue.

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can set processing sequens "by date"

and delete all processed files or set them ro read-only.