cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue account determination for SD billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently, in our credit memo scenario, following account will be determined.

When we pick sales order type ZC1

DR:  Sales Return

CR:  Customer

But we would like to change it to below without impacting Sales order type ZC1.

DR:  Sales revenue

CR: Customer

Adding new order type is the solution I guess.  Please give me your step by step solution and configuration

to achieve my requirement.(Easier solution is welcome)

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be aware, FI postings will happen NOT based on your order type but based on the Account Keys assigned in Pricing Procedure and G/L Accounts from VKOA.  So check your current settings and change the configuration accordingly to suit your requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , G Lakshmipathi,

This is my requirement.

In Sales return case billing

DR: Sales return

CR:  Customer

In Credit memo case billing

DR:  Sales

CR: Customer

In short,  I need to separate the revenue account to be posted depending on such business case.

In our current setting in VKOA, Sales return account is determined like this.

V KOFI GOCA 1300 1 1 ZER 4104200000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 1 3 ZER 4104200000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 1 5 ZER 4104200000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 2 1 ZER 4104200000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 2 3 ZER 4104200000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 2 5 ZER 4104200000

The rough idea what I come up is that by adding new account key. ZCR, I can derive sales revenue account in case of credit memo case. Like below.

V KOFI GOCA 1300 1 1 ZCR 4100100000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 1 3 ZCR 4100100000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 1 5 ZCR 4100100000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 2 1 ZCR 4100100000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 2 3 ZCR 4100100000

V KOFI GOCA 1300 2 5 ZCR 4100100000

But my problem is current account key ZER is assigned like below

Procedure|Step|Ctr|Ctyp   |Name             |AcctKey| Name|

ZRVAA2  | 11   | 0 | ZR00 | Price(Manual) | ZER     | Revenue |

To add assign new account key ZCR, how should I do?  Or What would be the easiest way to achieve my goal? 

Thank you for giving me your idea.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you referring to Credit memo, then you don't know need to really add any new account key in pricing to get the above entries. In our case, we are just using different pricing procedure and whenever we create the credit memo and post to accounts we could see that Customer account is getting credited and and sales account is getting debited (Same as our sales scenario).

If you client says that, the postings for credit memo should go to a different G/L account then you have think of having different account keys, eventually you will end up having different pricing procedure for credit/debit memo.

Other, correct me if i am wrong here..

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you referring to Credit memo, then you don't know need to really add any new account key in pricing to get the above entries. In our case, we are just using different pricing procedure and whenever we create the credit memo and post to accounts we could see that Customer account is getting credited and and sales account is getting debited (Same as our sales scenario).

If you client says that, the postings for credit memo should go to a different G/L account then you have think of having different account keys, eventually you will end up having different pricing procedure for credit/debit memo.

Other, correct me if i am wrong here..

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai Krishna,

Yes, Our client use different revenue account to be posted for return and credit memo.

My question is how I can define account key, and how I make SAP to choose different account key depending on credit memo  and sales return.

Hopefully you can help me giving some technical tip.

Thanks

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case, mainatian acces sequence with combinations like Item category or order reasons in VKOA for credit memo/sales relevant scenarios and maintain different G/L accounts for the same account key.

According to me this will resolve your issue.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Acutall, I configured as you suggested.

Now it works!  Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our case, we used same pricing procedure for the returns sales document type, so it will post the way you are expecting.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Can you give me more detail?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that you have same account keys and G/L accounts for returns sales order pricing procedure.

In our case, we have done below way:

sales scenario:

Order type : ZOR1

Pricing proc : ZINA01 and Pricing condition type : ZP05 with account key ERL

And Account Determination : V - KOFI - Chart of accounts (XYZ)- sales org(ABCD) - Account assignment group of customer (01)- Account Key (ERL) - and G/L account (31100000 which is our client specific)

Returns scenario:

Order type : ZRE

Pricing proc : ZINA01 and Pricing condition type : ZP05 with account key ERL

And Account Determination : V - KOFI - Chart of accounts (XYZ)- sales org(ABCD) - Account assignment group of customer (01)- Account Key (ERL) - and G/L account (31100000 which is our client specific)

Now, when we do sales the accounting entries are as follows:

CR: 31100000 - 1000 INR

DR: customer account - XYZ - 1000 INR

In case of sales returns:

CR : Customer - XYZ : 1000 INR

DR: Sales account - 31100000: 1000 INR

I Hope this is what you are looking. Let me know if you need any other information.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kesari,

Thank you for your Reply. 

But what is the difference between sales scenario and return case ? 

In my case, for return scenario, I would like to debit Sales return account and for credit memo case

I would like to debit Sales revenue. 

So I need to separate the revenue account to be posted depending on such business case.

It seems sales order type and billing type is not related to revenue account determination right?