Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion in reporting of S_ALR_87013542

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt. In S_ALR_87013542 do you think it is correct way to record commitment against projects(due/delivery date basis and not on creation date basis) . The commitment should reflect the orders as & when created i.e.on creation date basis as we make commitment against budgeted value of projects immediately when we release the orders to the party and the budget is seized accordingly against respective projects.

Also the projects may run in more than one financial year hence the commitment in S_ALR_..542 report must reflect on creation date basis not on due date basis. Also the same should reflect in report in all months (after creation of PO) until materialized.

May be I am missing some information about this report. Please update me.

NOTE: To increase the visibility of the issue I have created a new thread.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur Tiwari

There is PR commitments, PO Commitments

Commitments are created as soon as PR/PO are released

because when you raise PR/PO for a material/Service for an amount XXX

the amount XXX becomes Commitment  from the available budget

Suggestions or Corrections  are appreciated

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any pointers on this friends?

Regards

Ankur

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For me it is correct the commitment is created in the delivery date, because usually you create the GR in a similar date as rhe delivered....

Not sure if I help you....

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

Commitments should not be recorded as per delivery date. Even if it does in S_ALR..542 then S_ALR..558 should not eat out commitment budget as per PR/PO creation dates.GR is happening as per delivery date so are the actual.Though we have done GRN but still there is a possibility that the material was sent for quality inspection and not received by projects stocks(or those who have raised commitment).

With Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

In simple words, commitment stands for funds which are reserved for a future date.

Now whether this date should be PO creation or GR date. I think it should be GR date,because from the same date it becomes liablity.

Regards,

Mahendra