Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement in /SAPAPO/MAT1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Forum,

I am very new to SCM .

My requirement is in ERP we have created Customer Specific Tab for Material Management (MM01) and added few new fields from our own Z tables.

Now we want to pass this information to SCM system via CIF interface.

My question is can i add a similar tab in transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1 ?? Also can anyone give me some information about CIF interface.

Thanks in advance ,

Sharad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can add customer specific fields in the extras tab of the material master

You can Cif this from R3 by modifying the CIF or you can load this as other APO specific data by some other means (such as lsmw)

there is some wiki on CIF <a href="https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/CIF://">here</a>

there is an informative blog posted by somnath - links can be found in the wiki

the SAP help link can be found <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/9b/954d3baf755b67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">here</a>

you can find some more posts here in the forum by using the search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi harish ,

Thanks for the links for CIF interfae, will reward points for it.

I have done extention on R3 side for material master ,but can you brief me the in steps as how to create one more tab in transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1 on SCM system?

Thanks ,

Todkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todkar,

Within transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1 in SCM there is an tab called 'Extra' where you can store/maintain the additional parameters you want pass from R/3. You can maintain the field describion by going to SPRO >Advanced Planning and Optimization >Master Data >Maintain Freely Defined Fields. Here you will also see the other extra fields available in transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1.

<b>R/3 Outbound - APO Inbound Master Data Integration mods:</b>

-You can modify/manipulate the master data sent from R/3 to APO either on the R/3 outbound (if you want to capture some additional fields stored in R/3 tables) side before it gets to APO or on the inbound APO side (if you want to capture some additional fields stored in APO tables) before it is saved to APO Product Master fields.

-You can modify the Material Master data in R/3 before it is sent to APO in Enhancement: CIFMAT01 (transaction SMOD in R/3). Function Module EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001, Include ZXCIFU01.

-You can modify the Material Master data in APO before it stored in Product master via Enhancement: APOCF005 (transaction SMOD in APO). Function Module EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001, Include ZXCIFUSERU08.

<u>Additional Details:</u> This user exit is used in Inbound Product integration model to control which fields on the product master are updated Value of space means field is not updated, value of 'X' means field is updated.

To prevent a field at material level from being updated, find the field name in table it_matkey then clear the corresponding flag for the field's name in it_matkeyx.

To prevent a field at material/location level from being updated, find the field name in it_matloc then clear the corresponding flag for the field's name in it_matlocx.

Hope this helps,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your help.

I checked Extra Fields Tab program is /SAPAPO/SAPLMAT_MASTER and screen number is 204. Here i need to put my Table control as for one material i can have multiple records from ERP. If i check the layout of this screen there is one area saying Customer Fields , I tried editing it , but as obvious it asks for Access key.

Is this the place where i need to add my Table control, and where will i write logic for populating this table.

IT would be great if you can help me with this.

Thanks & Regards,

Todkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todkar,

Sorry, but I have not attempted to create a table control for this screen and I am not very familiar with DYNPRO.

In order to populate the fields I would suggest you use Enhancement CIFMAT01 in R/3.

If the master data you are passing for each material from R/3 to APO is at the Material/Location level then you can store the data in the Extras Tab. Within include ZXCIFU01 pass the values into internal table CT_CIF_MATKEY. These values will then be stored in APO database table /SAPAPO/MATLOC.

If the master data is at the Material level then you will need to store the master data in the Properties tab. Within the user exit ZXCIFU01 pass the values into internal table CT_CIF_MATLOC. These values will then be stored in APO table /SAPAPO/MATKEY.

You will also need to set update flag in the corresponding X table (CT_CIF_MATLOCX or CT_CIF_MATKEYX) for the fields you are updating.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks David for your help.

i will try it further development myself .

Regards,

Sharad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad - the question I have is how many fields do you need to put into the product master? APO allows for 5 location specific and 5 location independent fields. These are already mapped to existing APO database tables and just need to be activated through enhancements. Another question is where will these fields be used in the planning process - are these even needed for the planning process or will additional planning process BADi's and user exits need to be built to support these additional fields?

If you need to place more fields in the product master transaction the the above 10 fields then a modification is required for either additional fields on an existing tab or a new tab. If you do this then you will need to create your own database table and the rules/code to maintain these values. Most clients do not want to create a modification and scale back to use the supplied fields or create a seperate transaction for additional product fields.

Whatever you decide, if the data is coming from the CIF then the CIF tables mentioned in another reply will work as long as you match up the location dependent and location independent data correctly. Also remember that the fields in the R3 material master table that you created will not trigger a change to be sent to APO unless you register the fields to do so.

Hope this helps

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks Andy.

I have rewarded points for your helpful answer . Was useful . Actually its a enhancement i will have to do in that case, will talk to client and confirm .

Regards,

Sharad.

Message was edited by:

sharad todkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i am having an issue , that we need to add two customized fields (PUP price and Std Price) in /SAPAPO/MAT1, Extra Tab.

i have added these fields on screen and the output structure for them is assigned as /SAPAPO/MATIO-zverpr, and /SAPAPO/MATIO-zstprs.

In R/3 -I have added these two fields as in CIFMTLCCUS structure, with Include CI_MTLCCUS (custom structure to transfer data).

also i have fteched these filds from table MBEW and have mapped to Table ot_cif_matloccus of Include ZXCIFU01 of Enhancement CIFMAT01.

In APO - but the thing left is that i am not able to find the Mapping Structure in APO side for these fields.

i have added these fields to Structure /SAPAPO/CIF_MATLOCCUS (Customer Enhancement Structure for /SAPAPO/CIF_MATLOC), but i didnt find any custimzed place to retrieve and Map to /SAPAPO/MATIO.

please suggest the necessary/missing steps.

Thanks in Advance.

Nitin

Edited by: wisetak on Jun 24, 2011 2:55 PM