SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdraft Payment using FPY1

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement where the customer wants to pay overpayment through the Draw Draft procedure.  The problem is we don't have any receivable to mark as draft for FPY1 to send the receivable to be drafted.  We thought of posting a fictitious debit on the contract account for it to be drafted - but this approach is giving us issues on the GL entries.  Please could you suggest if you came across this scenario and if so how have you handled this.

Thanks,

Yuvi.

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvi,

I am not sure whether you have looked at the event 0032 or not.

Event 0032 can create additional line items for a document in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable.

Based on the origin key '06', ,i.e. for FPY1 run, you use this event to create additional line items against the original payment document no.

So, all the other features like, Origin key , payment document no. will be the same, only there will be an extra line item (DFKKOP-OPUPK) generated, where in you can plug in your extra amount as per your Business requirement.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

The contract account does not have any open items to pay.  However he called to make a bank draft payment for say 50 dollars, because he thinks his bill will get a bill in the next 10 days and he is going out of country.  So when FPY1 runs we would not get any lines for posting and hence would not be able to use event 0032 to create the additional line items.  The way we made it work is to post a debit charge and set it up for drafting that night.  Once FPY1 is run the payment is posted clearing the fictitious debit that we posted.  Later we use a custom program to reset clear the fictitious charge that we posted on the contract account thus making the draft payment available for use on the contract account.  However we are running into issues when we want to move this payment to be moved to a different contract account (for whatever reason) by reversing the reset cleared line which is not possible in SAP.  So I am still trying to look for other options to design this solution without having to post a fictitious debit.

Regards,

Yuvi.

0 Kudos

Hi Yuvi,

Is it like, you want to bring in the draft payment amount into SAP first and whenever the invoice is raised, it basically gets cleared by the draft payment through auto clearing\account maintenance.

Ideally, any customer initiated payment should come from Bank to SAP in the form of payment\check lot and get processed in SAP. It should not be treated as a company initiated payment as it is happening in this scenario.

If there are no open items due in the customer account, I don't think FPY1 would create a payment document.

I would suggest you to post a statistical debit in SAP against which FPY1 will post a payment document and which will be send to the bank and ensure that it will get adjusted  with the Overdraft payment.

However, you have to make an enhancement in event 0042 to set a clearing restriction (CR) 8 against the following criteria of the payment document.

i_fkkko-herkf EQ '06' and i_fkkop-ASTKZ EQ "G"

The above enhancement will ensue that the payment document is posted with CR 8 and hence will not clear the statistical item.So the payment information you can send to the bank.

And now use your custom program to reverse the statistical item (anyways it wouldn't have any impact on GL) and simultaneously remove the CR 8 from the payment document by using FM FKK_AUGRS_RESET_DB.

So now you have only the payment document in the account.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan