cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forecast not being consumed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I have a situation whereby some of my materials are having sales orders consume forecast correctly and some are not.  All have Proposed Strategy of 20.  All have valid Sales Orders CIF'ed from R/3.  I ran Rimodini to resend all sales orders.  I resent DP forecast to SNP.  When I go into /sapapo/rrp3, I do not see anything in the Forecast tab on these materials.  However, I do on all my other materials which consume properly.  Also, I  found a tcode /sapapo/dmp1 which shows the Consumption on material level, and it shows nothing for these particular materials.  To make things more interesting, it is working fine in development system, but not in quality or production system.

SAP suggested some OSS Notes, but none of them worked.

Any ideas?  Could it be something on the Sales orders themselves that prevent Consumption or on the Product Master?  The Sales Orders are using the same order type and item category as my other sales orders that consume properly.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Please check following things;

1) Strategy Group in ECC, if it is not same as other materials for which forecast consumption is happening.

2) As you specified that consumptions is happening in Dev system, would advice to compare you dev and other system settings, related to consumption.

3) Any recent update in system, which might be cacusing issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sourabh:

The Strategy Group is the same for all materials.  We couldn't find any differences between the development system and other systems and no recent updates were made in the system.  Since some of the materials do work, but others don't, I'm going to check other material/product master settings.  Also, I'm going to check settings on the Sales Orders that don't work.  Maybe its more of a data issue.

Thanks.

Andrea

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is a great idea, please let me know if you find anything there.

Rgds

Sourabh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Is the strategy group assigned to the problematic material same as that of the one with no issues in forecast consumption? You need to check the ECC configuration also especially requirement types.

Thanks,
Rajesh