SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSD process for store procurement

0 Kudos

Hello Retail gurus,

As part of the Procurement Process on an IS-Retail implementation, we have a requirement to receive DSD item at a store and have the ability for SAP to automatically post a Vendor invoice and perform a 2 way match without a PO. I understand, it is a standard IS-Retail functionality. On researching the topic most of the help information is available for DSD process from SD perspective. The only information I could find for procurement pertains to the master data cockpit and corresponding business functions to be activated.

I need help to understand the process flow and any special configuration that I may need to carry out.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards,

Subodh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subodh:

You write:

"... receive DSD item at a store and have the ability for SAP to automatically post a Vendor invoice and perform a 2 way match without a PO."

But do you really mean to say that you want to perform a good receipt for an article for which a purchase order does not exist, and that you would like the purchase order to be automatically created?

If the Purchase Order is automatically created then when the vendor does send the invoice, then the 3-way match will work (purchase order, goods receipt, invoice).

- Paul

-------------------------------------

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subodh:

You write:

"... receive DSD item at a store and have the ability for SAP to automatically post a Vendor invoice and perform a 2 way match without a PO."

But do you really mean to say that you want to perform a good receipt for an article for which a purchase order does not exist, and that you would like the purchase order to be automatically created?

If the Purchase Order is automatically created then when the vendor does send the invoice, then the 3-way match will work (purchase order, goods receipt, invoice).

- Paul

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response.

I am given to understand that the DSD process is supposed to manage generation of invoice based on the GR and PIR associated with the procurement. My question is whether this is supported as standard function as part of IS-Retail.

One other version of this process is that the invoice is received before/after the goods receipt. Since there is no PO we are not aware how to correlate it to the GR.

We are not aware of standard process and variants assoicated with DSD process on procurement side nad looking for one.

Regards,

Subodh

0 Kudos

IS-Retail standard will perform as I describe with minor configuration and supporting master data.

The goods receipt can be performed without an existing purchase order, and the purchase order is automatically created in the background at the time of good receipt; the purchase order price is based on the purchase info record.

To enable this configuration, see:

SPRO  > Materials Management > Inventory Management & Physical Inventory > Goods Receipt > Create Purchase Order Automatically

Select Automatic PO for Movement Type 101

As for master data, the purchasing view of the Article Master (i.e. the purchase info record) should have the selection ticked for "Automatic Purchase Order"

When a goods receipt (Movement Type 101) is executed then a Purchase Order will be created in the background.  

In this process, the PO and GR join with the invoice (sent by the vendor) to match in Logistics Invoice Verification.

This is standard in IS-Retail and DOES NOT require activation of any of the below:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/87/386e2a6bde40a98834af76030f7813/content.htm

Technical Name of Business Function

ISR_RETAIL_DSD

Type of Business Function

Enterprise Business Function

Available As Of

SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4

Technical Usage

Retail

Application Component

LO-MD-MM

Directly Dependent Business Function Requiring Activation in Addition

Retail (EA-RET)

Or …

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/a6/dbbfc45c4f487786a17ec8895d1e59/content.htm?framese...

Technical Name of Business Function

ISR_RETAIL_DSD_2

Type of Business Function

Enterprise Business Function

Available As Of

SAP enhancement package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0

Technical Usage

Retail

Application Component

LO-MD-MM

Directly Dependent Business Function Requiring Activation in Addition

Retail, Direct Store Delivery (ISR_RETAIL_DSD)

- Paul

Paul R. Gendreau, Jr.

SAP Retail, Inc.

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for a detailed explanation. Much appreciated - I think it puts us in a very specific direction. Will let you know how if we have any further questions in this regard.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Subodh