cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better way to identify invoiced orders

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the delivery-related billing scenario is there a better way to identify the invoiced orders than reading delivery information?

We're trying to develop a custom report in SAP that would show all the open sales orders. Unfortunately, our definition for "open" is "not invoiced" (i.e. delivery not billed). But with the delivery-related billing the order status is set to 'complete' as soon as delivery is created for the full quantity. Due to our business process, deliveries sometimes are not invoiced for a week or longer (something to do with export, I believe) and for all this time the orders are considered "open".

So far I haven't found a better option than reading document flow and checking delivery billing status. But ideally we'd prefer to have a status or some kind of indicator in the order line, so that we could quickly identify invoiced/non-invoiced items for reporting.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can just check the delivery line status in VBUP (there is a picking, GI and billing status). That's not a problem - I was looking for something similar in the order.

OK, looks like there are no alternatives other than reading orders and deliveries separately. In this case - is our process so different from what everyone else is doing? Does everyone's criteria of "open order" match standard SAP (= no delivery created)? Or are deliveries invoiced very quickly, so it's not necessary to include them as "open" items? Or do you use some external system for reporting?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For reporting purpose the better way we  can use it that.

pass the Delivery number to VBFA-VBELV and find the value in VBFA-VBTYP_N is there any " M " that means it is invoices and if " R" then it is only Goods issue,

If you could find multiple times of M,N,R,h that means it could happen invoice, invoice cancel GI and GI Cancel happen multiple times. So in this scenario you can sort it according to the creation date and time i.e ERDAT and ERZET and pick the last tranction happened for that delivery. so you can get the exact status for the delivery.

Hope it will help you.

Comments are always welcome.

Regards

Pitabash

Bangalore.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though the field "Billing Status" is there in VBUK, if I pass sale order reference, system is not fetching the value for this field.  On the other hand, if I pass delivery reference, then system is showing the Billing Status.   So you have to go for enhancement.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi Sir,

How about the one i suggested? Do you think we can try this rather going for enhancement?

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In today's fast world, Client expects each and every business process to be automated.  What you had suggested is straight forward solution but manual and I dont think, to get one information, users are ready to execute transaction twice regularly.  If users accept the proposal, then it is fine.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree Sir. Since requestor was checking for standard solution, I suggested that. Again its all depends on volume of the data and transactions.. If the volume is less in number, its better to go for standard report rather shelling out some $ on Z reports.

Thank you sir,

Sai Krishna.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's exactly the problem - billing status is updated in VBUK/VBUP only for the delivery, not for the order when it's a delivery-related billing. If it's an order-related billing then status is updated in the order (there might be a separate status for that - don't remember).

Not sure why standard SAP was set up like that... I doubt we're the only company that has a need to track this by order #. After all, the customers usually only know the order #, not the delivery.

I was wondering if anyone actually implemented an enhancement for that or found some other way (user status?).

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Surely you know it, but if status doesn't work for your requirement, see Note 185530 - Performance: Customer developments in SD, I believe it helps you to understand how to search subsequent documents using VBFA table without performance troubles.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think information exists on the sales order for this. You would have to get the delivery number, and put that into VBUK or VBUP. From there, you can read the 'billing status' field (FKSTK).

-SAPinfoASAP.com

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Two ways to address this requirement. May be I am suggesting the known one, still you can try to use rather than going for custom reports which is the last and second option.

1. Ask user to run VF04 for the specific  billing types (In your case export billing types) and you will get the list of deliveries which are in due for billing.

2. Now, Go to VL06O and select List of Outbound del and provide the del doc which you got from VF04 and execute the report. You just need to add reference document from the layout, it will display the sales order number ( If you don't get the order number, change the Header view to Item view )

Hope this helps you !!

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

VF04 shows the deliveries that are due for billing, so these have to be PGId already. These deliveries will not appear on VL06O (unless your system is configured to do billing before PGI, but it's rather uncommon). None of these transactions would show open orders that are not due for delivery, which we also want to see (sorry if it wasn't clear from the initial post).

Building a custom report is not a problem (I'm an ABAPer myself), but because we can't quickly enough identify the order lines that are "open" (no delivery or delivery not invoiced), performance is not as good as we'd like. Also if we just had this status on the order then we could easily use SQ01 queries. But right now it's not quite possible because of the table relatonships.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Check the values of table VKDFS. With the fields VBELN and VBTYP look for the SO if they are deliveries. Create an internal table with all items and solve it until the SO.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eduardo, this table seems to contain the deliveries that are due for billing, so this won't work for us. Not sure, but maybe this table actually drives the Billing Due list (VF04). I didn't know about it though, so thanks for the tip!

We ended up developing a custom report to read orders with delivery status A (no delivery created) and status B/C where delivery billing status is A.

Closing the thread. Thank you for the replies!