Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MAKT, MARA , MARD in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy experts,

Sorry but i'm not fluent in english!

First post on this community ! I'am still a student and we are learing abap / webdynpro in school.

I have a project going in school and i have a couple questions.

1. I want to show all my materials with a description, storage location , ... in a ALV but all that information is divided over different tables. Does someone know a good place for a good tutorial for that.

2. Is it possible to only show the data from the tables that i created and not the data from the other students ?

3. When you want to insert data in all those tables how does it works, example : Only makt has material description , mara and mard doesn't . Maby a have to make a new view with all the fields i want , and putt the data in the tables by that way ore an editable alv grid. What do you think ?

4. This had nothing to do with my project. I'am graduating in the end of this year and i'am looking for a company where i can do an internship for 3 months starting in September. Does there exist a website where company's look for internships related with SAP.

Thanks,

Jonas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response !

I solved two of my questions.

For using different data elements over multiple tables i followed this tutorial. -> http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b09f7699-00d2-2c10-81b3-f51ccd5c2...

It's a tutorial where you make a ALV gird without the node and i used a join in my select for selecting my data over the different tables.

I tried but not yet succeeded in making some input fields and a save button for sending data to my tables. I don't have enough knowledge about how the input fields  just work !

Also thanks for the internship database and off course for all the tips , it put me in a good direction!   

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thorsten_hopf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

1) I don't know about a good tutorial, sorry. But your request actually is pretty common. Easiest thing to do is to create a DDIC-structure containing all information you want to display and gather the data with the BAPI (or direct selects) that was mentioned above. Then you can simply display the table using the ALV.

2) That would depend on whether you can identify the material. Did you create it yourself? Then you could use MARA-ERNAM as selection criteria. Or you use a field like the old material number (MARA-BISMT) and maintain a value you can use for selection.

3) Yes, your idea is right. But as it seems you want to make a more complex transaction that is able to change and store data? That would of course call for a more sophisticated approach, as you need enqueueing and a persistence layer (of course you can use the BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEDATA for storing your information).

4) If you want to check about internships offered at SAP just go to http://www.careersatsap.com/ -> then go to the CareerCenter and use "internship" as search filter.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

If you want to display all the details from your table, for that you need to create function module with select query, it will display all the information. If you want to display from standard tables, you can use the following FM,

1.BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_ALL

2.BAPI_MATERIAL_GET_DETAIL

You can get details from other tables only by referring the table names of others. If you are same tables, you can refer the client to get those details.

Regards

Saravanan R