cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS ABAP - SAP Solution Manager key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For a new installation of SAP NW7 AS Abap SAP MaxDb Windows Server 2008.

I don't have SAP Solution Manager installed.

Can I install it later to get licence key (can I use temporary key for the new installation)

Thanks

A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

Ideally you should have solution manager system to generate a key for installation.

In case you do not have solution manager and want to install an ECC system , you have following options with you:

1) Raise an OSS message to SAP. They can help you with that ( Recommended)

2) You may refer this link. http://sapbasis.wordpress.com/2010/11/20/abap-program-to-generate-solution-manager-key/. It has an Abap program to generate solman key. ( At your risk)

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its NW7 not ECC

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

Whether its NW7 or its ECC you have above mentioned options only.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  abu,

You need to have Solution manager installed  first in your landscape..

Reasons are many .. among them, first is you need to generate a solution manager key when you install ECC 6.0 system... secondly during go live, SAP will connect to your system using the solution manager only.

Regarding the license key, by default you will get 28 days grace period, you need to have your valid license installed before the 28 grace period days is completed.

Please don't confuse between solution manager key and the license key.. Solution manager key can be generated from your solution manager... License key can be obtained from the  service.sap.com/licensekeys

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Therefore I can install NW7 using the 28 day licence.

Then apply for NW7 licence key using service.sap.com/licensekeys?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This question has been answered multiple times in the past. Please search before posting.

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Regards, Juan