cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFX Creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

Can Strategic Purchaser and Operational purchaser create RFX or only Strategic purchaser can only create RFX.... can someone give me the clarity on this..

and the procedure i know is

1.Strategic Purchaser Creates a Bid Invitation (Private /Public) and publish the bid invitation..

2.Bidder will reply for that Bid Invitation which is called as quote/bid/rfx response..

3. Purchaser will select the best bid based on his requirement and award the bidder by creating a PO/Contract from that RFx response..

am i correct... please clarify if something is wrong or missing...

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

User with role /SAPSRM/ST_PURCHASER (purchaser) would be able to create RFXs.

RFX is created and bidders are invited to participate in this process.

Then, a bidder user (with role /SAPSRM/BIDDER) creates an RFX response and this document is submitted to purchaser, in order to be evaluated.

Then, purchaser accepts the RFX response and then a PO or contract can be created from this response.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM point of view, Strategic purchaser can directly intiate RFx and then item level shopping cart can be added. 

Where as with /SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER role, through carryout sourcing we can choose the line items of a single/ multiple shopping carts and with respect to those line items we can initiate RFx.

Coming to response from suppliers (bidding) and comparison and convert RFx into PO / contract is possible with both the authorizations.

Regards,

Govardhan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for all your replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

If you consider broader perspective then your understanding is correct Strategic purchasers are mostly the one who negotiate new deals and make Contracts, Thus they will the one who create RFx. While Operational purchasers uses the contract negotiated by Strategic team...

However in my experience with Small and Medium scale industries there is usually one department who handles Day to Day purchasing as well as negotiate new Contracts with RFx , Bid, Auction etc for new product or new supplier for existing commodity they are buying.

Procedure which you explain for procurement is the correct understanding of yours.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh