SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not updating FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've created a report in report painter that should show me all the payments (category value 57) that were done, but only the payments of the invoices generated trough MIRO transaction that are exhibited, the payments of the invoices generated on FB60 the report still shows value category 54 (Invoice). This category 57 doesn't update any standard report as well (for example FMRP_RW_BUDCON).

Do you have any idea of what could be happening?

Best Regards.

17 REPLIES 17

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use online payment update scenario (works only with new G/L) or you run FMF0 to get payments into FM?

As for the report, your budget is already consumed by '54' value type and '57' documents won't have any influence on total consumption.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli, I use online payment update scenario, I'm not running FMF0.

I know the budget is already consumed with the value type '54' but I need the report to be updated as well with the value type '57', and the report is being updated only with the MIRO invoices, the FB60 invoices aren't considered.

Regards,

Carlos.

0 Kudos

Hello,

The commitment items are the way to get a value type for the financial documents. When you start with value type 54, (normally for an invoice you start in document line 1 with commitment type with financial transactiontype 60 for the vendor and a second line with type 30 for the costs.

The payment (of clearing) of the vendor is also with a posting. Line one, the vendor, will normally be done with the same transaction type 60, the second line (bank account) with transaction type 90. Afther this the original invoice will have value type 57 and amount type 0250.

There is also an other way were you have an lager chain of documents, were you first get value type 57 with amount type 0260 with the payment and value type 57 with amount type 0250 with the bankstatement. This is a choice you can make yourself.

In short, posting 1:

Cost (commitment item 30)

Vendor (commitment item 60)

Cleaaring of the vendor

Vendor (commitment item 60)

Bankaccount ((commitment item 90)

Regards

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric, thanks for your answer.

but as you said, the commitment item of the vendor is 60/3.

the point is, the payment (clearing) of the vendor only generates the document with the value type 57 and amount type 250, if the invoice was created on MIRO transaction. If the invoice (with the same vendor and cost element) was created on FB60 transaction, the document with the value type 57 and amount type 250 is not created.

I can't understand why the system is considering only the invoices generated on MIRO transaction.

Regards,

Carlos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In FI invoices entered through FB60, did you enter anything in the reference field? I suppose you understand that the prerequisit for online payment update is that document spit is based on the fields KNBELNR and VOBELNR. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ji.

in my FI invoices I'm using the invoice number in the reference field. I'm also considering the fields KNBELNR, VOBELNR and FIPOS for the splitting document.

Regards,

Carlos.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See whether the investigation below will give some clue:

In table FMIFIIT, search for an entry with KNBELNR = an invoice created with MIRO (and payment was also created) and see what VOBELNR in that record is filled with. Do the same for an invoice created by FB60.

FB03 to display MIRO invoice and drill down to the vendor line detail to see whether it has Fund/FC/CI copied from the PO. Do the same for FB60 invoice and see whether FM account assignment on vendor line is copied from the expense line in the same invoice. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ji.

For the invoice created with MIRO, the field KNBELNR is filled with the FI document number, and the field VOBELNR is filled with the Payment number. I have three lines for the document, the invoice created, the credit on the invoice (because of the payment VT54), and the payment (VT57).

For the invoice created with FB60, the field KNBELNR is filled with the FI document number, and the field VOBELNR is filled with the same FI document number, and I have only one line for the document, that is the invoice that was created (VT54).

for both invoices created for MIRO and FB60, all the Fund/FC/CI, are copied correctly from the MIRO/FB60.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when I pay the invoice created on MIRO, I don't receive any warning message, but when I pay the invoice of the FB60, the following message is exhibited:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... the message is not very clear. Are document types for MIRO and FB60 invoices have the same setup in NewGL split configuration? We have to do process by elimination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The document types are differents, RE for MIRO and KR for FB60.

I'm not an expert in split configuration, but I think thay have the same configuration:

I've changed the document type in FB60 to RE created a new invoice and paid, but I've found the same warning message during the payment, and the payment was not updated...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check out note 882379. It's huge.

0 Kudos

The error message you show is clear, the FM status is not updated. For FM it does not really matter that the invoice is posted with trx MIRO or FB60. There have to be differences other things. 

If I speculate, there could be a difference in documenttypes during the whole process, especially during the clearing, or in the splitting configuration. It could also be the Gl account you use on the credit side, the commitment item or splitting configuration of those.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what I figured: since 1. you tried both document type RE and KR in FB60 and they did not make any difference. 2. the payment document type is the same in both MiRO and FB60 senarios, so, we can exclude document types as the cause. One obvious difference in these two scenarios is RE invoice has a GR/IR account in it while FB60 invoice has an expense account. You said you made FIPOS as one of the split characteristics. Why don't you remove it and try again. In SAP documentation and note 882379, it has never mentioned that FIPOS needs to be a split characteristic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a similar problem: when I made payments of the MIRO and FB60 invoices, the value type 57 doesn’t update any reports in FM.

What I have noticed is that when I display the invoices and I drill down to the vendor line detail, the Fund and WBS element are not copied from the PO (but only the fund center and commitment item are available). However, the field status are opened on the account and also on the posting key.

I use the online payment update scenario (with new G/L) and I activated the PSM_FM_CI_2 business function.

Please share your experience

Thanks

Sara

0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

in my case I had a bad configuration in new gl that once fixed, everything just run fine.

The configuration was in the navigation:

Financial Accounting (New) > General Ledger Accounting (New) > Business Transactions > Document Splitting > Classify G/L Accounts for Document Splitting

I hope it helps.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

how can I insert the fields KNBELNR and VOBELNR within the Document Splitting Characteristics?

Thanks,

Sara