cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Bom Quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i've setup variant configuration for Material Computer -with sales order bom Explosion.

in cs01 i've setup BOM for Computer with quantiry 1 ,  monitor -1 / keyboard -1 /mouse -1 .

Now i'm creating order for configurable material Computer with Quantity 1 - after selecting VC-attributes am getting BOM exploded in sales order.

Now customer wants to buy 2 keyboard & 2 mouse. (instead of 1)

10 Computer (main item)  qty 1

20 Monitor  qty 1

30 Keyboard  qty 2

40 Mouse  qty 2

can you Pls. let me know how i can select 2 qty for Keyboard & mouse using configurator.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) to SAP ERP PLM - Classification and Variant Configuration

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear while creating sales order with bom , If customer wants one extra metrial instead of one

In va01 when u enter Key board and moniter Only 1 is coming bz u maintaind configuration in CS01

now what you will do is in va01 after bom exploding just enter another line items with that material key bord and moniter 1 item qnty

simple

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for replyin.

can you pls. let me know calling VC configurator - how can i enter 1 more line item  MOnitor with qty 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically your requirement is to explode BOM Qty based on Quantity selected in VC Configurator.

• Create characteristic QUANTITY with the following master data reference:

In additional data maintain Table STPO field MENGE.

• Create Characteristic MOUSE as Data Type NUM and Maintain Characterstics value as 1,2,3,4,5...
  • While maintaining BOM in CS01/CS02 Maintain Mouse Dependency using procedure as

$self.Quantity = 2 if MOUSE = 2,

$self.Quantity = 3 if MOUSE = 3

• Now Create Sales order, it should pick Quantity 2 of BOM, if you select Characterstics Qty of Mouse as 2.

Refer:- http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/92/58c3c8417011d189ec0000e81ddfac/content.htm

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Select the material for which the quanntity has to be increased and then click on item in full,system will branch to the quantity screen for that material and you can change the quantity as per the customer requirement.

CSN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying.

but slight change in requirement.

Main item computer  Qty 1

Characteristic: Hard Disk ,

Char. Value: 1. 20 gb

2. 30 gb

3. 40 gb

4. 50 gb

when user selects say 20 GB or 30 gb etc, he must be asked to select qty 1,2 etc (it must be freely definable like 102 etc.)

Pls. suggest how to acghieve this

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sapper sap ,

Computer should come up with 1 key bord, 1 mouse , 1 CPU.

if you want any changes to this quantity it can easily done by using referance characterstic refering table STPO and field Menge.

now as per your change requirement , the example you took is for hard disk size, and i dont think HD size is freely definably , please maintain values which are actualy available like 160 , 320 etc.

and if the user want more then one hard disk you can have two characterstic for it.

HD1 & HD2 with possible options 160 , 320 etc.

go through it , i hope it will help you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for Replying.

Requiremnt is how to enter Quantity >1

Main item: Computer Qty = 1

Characteristic: Harddisk

Char. Values 1 20 gb

2 30 gb

3 40 gb

4 50 gb 

Char Harddisk is Multiple selection optoin,here user can select both 20 gb & 30 gb hardisk etc

but Requirement is on Quantity

1. how to make Char Value QTY freely definable by user during sales order configuration, where to capture this qty

2. How to make the qty freely defined as BOM qty for that Char. value.

i.e.,  they want to freely enter qty for  harddisk size during configration at order creation stage

20 gb qty 5

30 gb qty 2 etc. like that, this qty chnages for different customer orders.

( I guess with STPO-MENGE we'r fixing the quantity for charact. values - but they want qty to be freely definable during order creation- configuration).

Pls. suggest

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not Active Contributor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying. (STPO-MENGE am still thinking cos we've too many characteristics for which qty is freely definable - So looking for other options how to achieve freely definable qty after configuration).

VC & BOM Explosion in sales order everything is fine.

Like you said i've maintained BOM components for main item computer with slection condition dependency in CS01. This is working fine.

in CS01- i've maintained for Computer - Components 10gb 1 qty

20gb 1qty    

30gb 1qty    

40gb 1qty    

in sales order i enter main item Computer  Qty 1 - then it goes to char value assignt screen,

now i select 10 gb & 30gb harddisk.  if i go back to sale order overview & BOM explosion happens, Now if i change the line item say 20  10gb harddisk qty to 5 & line item 30 30gb harddisk to 8.

Then if i go back to char value assign screen & come back Qty will reverts back to 1. ( i guess this is happening due to BOM qty 1)

Am trying to figure out is there any way i can allow users to change qty at sales order overview screen after configuration & BOM  explosion.

Pls. suggest

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sapper sap,

well i will not suggest you this work around as it can end up in inconsistance and when ever a user will go to configuration using VA02 , it may end up changing quantitues back to 1.

so i still feel , there shold be 2 characterstic for every value of your GB.

like you can have 1 characterstic for representing HARD disk , CH_ HD , and it will select the user defined type of hard disk , 20 GB , & 30 GB.

and if hard disk have 5 possible values then 5 different characterstic to reserent there quantity.

HD_20GB_QUN

HD_30GB_QUN

HD_60GB_QUN

HD_80GB_QUN

HD_120GB_QUN

whcih will use STPO_MENGE and hold the user specified quantity.

check and revert back.

Also , if replies help you please mark them helpfull.

Thanks

Ritesh