cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with data type enhancement

Former Member

Hi all,

We are using the standard proxy interfaces between ECC and SRM. We need some custom fields to be passed from ECC to SRM and we have implemented the data type enhancement. The proxy structures are appended in standard proxy in ECC and SRM.

Later on due tos ome reason the team decided not to add the fields as this was impacting many of the existing interfaces.So we have removed the enhancements in PI . But at SRM side the appended fields are still existing. We are not able to change the structure.

and at ECC side the appended structure no longer exists but the proxy is inactive now.

Its asking for the access key while we are trying to do any changes to the proxies in SRM and ECC side.

Please suggest what needs to be done to restore the proxies without access key.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manaswitha,

Have you removed the data type enhancement in sproxy.  If not please remove it from sproxy and after that you have to delete in PI ESR.

Thanks,

Satish.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to the SPROXY transaction of the ECC and SRM system, Right click the Data Type Enhancement under correct SWCV and Namespace --> Delete Proxies. Don't try to Generate proxies for SAP provided Standard Objects. It will not allow you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

Thanks for teh reply. I have already deleted the proxy and even deleted the enhancement namespaces in ESR. Now i cannot see any datatype enhancement namespaces in sproxy. But still i can see the structures in SRM

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Manaswitha,

I think you have to deleted proxy generated class as well.  Check the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/e5/004f22192b444ab0bac1364d73ea6f/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1482143

Thanks,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish ,

I have deleted the proxy, the standard proxy does not have the added fields now , but it is in inactive state now. please let me know what needs to be done to make it active

Thanks,

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manaswaitha,

For you information, SAP delivered content should not be directly modified.  Changes should be made in a customer defined SWCV that has a dependency to the original SAP content.

I think you have modified standard SAP contnet that is why you facing this issue.

Detele the fields which you added in the datatype enhancement and activate the proxy.

Thanks