cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade DVD Oracle 8 to 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have Netweaver 2004s software DVDs, and I could not able to find Oracle 9i upgrade DVD in it. We have to perform Oracle 8i > 9i then Oracle 9i > 10g upgrades.

But there is no Oracle 9i DVD available in our package. I went to Service Market Place, under NW2004s I could not able to find any 9i upgrade ZIP or CD. Can you please suggest me where I can find and download Oracle 9i (UNIX-HP)

Thanks in advance

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I downloaded Oracle 9i files from Service Market Place. There are four RDBMS files 51030322_part1.exe, 51030322_part2.rar, 51030322_part3.rar and

51030322_part1.rar.

Also three more zip files

51031614_3.zip(ORACLE 9Patch 7), 5103-779.zip (ORACLE Upgrade Master) and 51030764.zip (Oracle Client)

Any other files I need to download for Oracle 9i upgrade? Please tell me, If I miss any thing.

All above files are rar files. I need to extract and keep under /oracle/stage dir. To extract rar files at unix (unrar), does I need to install rar software ? If it is please tell me where I can find that one for unix.

If I extract in my PC using winrar and move them to unix level, will this workout ? Please suggest me.

Regards

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Files you have downloaded are sufficient.

You can also download Opatch(s) & CPU patch(s) for Oracle 9i from OSS.

You won't face any problems if you extract the rar files on you workstation & the transfer it to the Unix system. (provided the transfer mode is binary)

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

You can download the Oracle 9i from the Service Marketplace as below:

Installations and Upgrades --> " SAP NetWeaver" --> SAP NETWEAVER" --> SAP NETWEAVER 04

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want to run netweaver <b>2004s</b> on oracle you have to use 10g...9i is not supported!!! have a look at pam (product availability matrix)

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andreas,

he needs the Oracle9 DVD set for upgrading his 8.17 Installation to 10, and claims that Oracle9 CD set is not part of NW2004S. You propably know that the direct upgrade from 8.1.7 to 10g is not supported.

the first answer was right so far,

regards

peter