cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP - PDS Priority

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I have a doubt about how to change production version's priority in a PDS. This is the situation:

For some SKUs we have two production versions, V001 and V801, being that the V001 has the highest priority (0) while the V801 has the lowest (999).

The V001 has a block planning, so when we run MRP, and it creates planned order for a specific date, the system try to allocate that order in the nearest block to respect that date. If it doesn't find a block that fits the required date, it goes to the other production version (V801) and allocate the order according to its rules.

What I want is the option to switch to the second PV (V801) is manual, not automatic as it is now.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Just remember that we are using alternative production version and not alternative mode.

Best regards,

Thiago

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to change the source of supply manually which is in your case the PDS you can do the following:

select the planned order in the product view or the detailed scheduling planning board and navigate to process order view.

in the process order view

choose button Change in the Source / Target area.

In the dialog window Supply Source Determination you will get a list of admissable sources of supply in your case PDS.

Now select the PDS or even several of your choice and choose Continue.

The system will now change the the PDS of the order to your selected one by reexploding the order with the new PDS.

The scheduling is controlled by the Strategy settings you can invoke by choosing the Strategy button.

References to SAP Library:

Change the Source of Supply for a Procurement Proposal

In the order processing
view
, you can change the source of supply of a procurement
proposal.

Source Determination in Interactive

Planning

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SCM700_ehp02/helpdata/en/5f/eb0d3dbd82fe2fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

BR Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use different mode priorities,set the worst priority to your manual one and exclude at the heuristic's stragegy level ("lowest priority level"), it does not exclude it from automatic planning? It only works for different modes INSIDE a given PDS? As I remember, one of the priorities (the lowest?) means that it is not used by the system for automatic planning and is only available for manual actions, I would have thougth that a PDS with a single mode but with that priority assigned would not be used by the system and hence the second PDS would be used, which is what you want to achive, right?

I did this in the past with alternative modes as I guess you did (from your comment), I thought it would work also here. If it does not, you may always try the BAdI for sources of supply (/SAPAPO/PWB_SOS).

thanks,

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

the priority, with the mode, yes it works, but we will not use the modes, because other requirements, and definitions.

I read about the BADI, but I open the topic here to see if we have other option in SAP, without using ABAP (BADI).

But I think the BADI, will be the only option for that.

regards