cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with creating Auction in SAP CLM

0 Kudos

Hello.

we've just installed CLM 9.0. We imported Company Quick Start Workbooks.

Now we can create projects, RFP's, contracts.

But when I try to create a new auction, I select in the main menu Enterprise Sourcing -> Auctions -> Create Auction, then select auction type - then nothing happens, I return to the initial screen (Home screen), no errors are on the screen. The same happens when I try to create auction from the project.

Could you please help?

Thank you and best regards,

Andrei.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

Do you have any Auction Types set up?  This is a pre-requisite to creating an Auction.  Sometimes, folks inactivate the Auction Types to force users to use a template.  Is this a possibility.  Those are two things that I would look at first.  Please check and let us know.

Thank you,

Rosemary

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

When you go to Setup > Document Setup > Auction Types, do you see the list of Auction Types there?  Is there any possibility that they are inactive? 

Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to create an auction and the list of auction types in Setup? 

Thanks,

Rosemary

0 Kudos

Hello, Rosemary.

Check the screenshots in the attachment. Thank you.

former_member200421
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please check to see if you have a Document Security Template for Auctions with the Owner defined as the Current User in it?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Are the various auction types configured in your system? Please check in Setup > Document Setup > Auctions > Auction Types. It should show you what all Auction types are available in your system to create Auctions from.

You may need to import the Enterprise_QuickStart-xCLM workbook to get the Auction types configured. This is what we had imported for V7.0 and you will need to get the corresponding workbook for 9.0

Thanks,

Vikram

0 Kudos

Hi Rosemary, Vikram.

Yes, auction types are configured in the system, I guess they were imported from Enterprise_QuickStart.xls, I didn't created them manually. There are Reverse Auction (Standard), Reverse Auction (Standard with Proxy) and other auction types.

Where can I see some logs with possible errors? I've found some application logs in e-sourcing installation folder (files eso.5.log, eso.2.trc), but they are not really useful.

What else should I check?