cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, unable to synchronize and run Applications NW2004s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am newbie (no only for mobile, them for SAP) i can't run any example! and i really need for your help:

I have a Pentium IV +2GB RAM + Windows server 2003 + Oracle ( I them try to install the system in a Xeon but i have problems with the SDM password so i can't update the Java Components to SP 10).

<b>The Enviroment:</b>

<b>Sever called erick:</b>

1) First i install NW2004s ABAP + JAVA + MI 7.0, SP 6 over Oracle 10.2

2) After that i Update:

• Kernel to version 83

• SAINT, ABA, Basis to SP 10

• JSPM, NWCLIENT, NWLAP, NWADMIN, NWDRIVERS to SP 10 for MI 7.0

3) After that, i used the MI template going to my server: http://erick:50100/nwa, login as J2EE_ADMIN, deploy & changes.... it appears to work... but when a login into the web system it says:

• System Landscape Directory is not accessible.

• Local System Only can be administrate. (maybe here is the key)

<b>On the Client side:</b>

Windows XP + NW developer Studio Version: 7.0.10 + MI Client (I extract this from the NWCLIENTNT10_0-20000910.SCA, SAP Mobile Infrastructure, Version MI 70 SP10 Pacht 0 )

NW developer Studio is Configured in this form (Using Windows -> Preferences -> MI Development)

MI Folder: C:\Archivos de programa\SAP Mobile Infrastructure (Archivos de Programas (Spanish) = Program Files)

Java SDK tools.jar file: C:/j2sdk1.4.2_08/lib/tools.jar, I can't change it.

MI server name: localhost (I think this is Wrong, this have to be erick?, i will try with this)

MI weapp TCP port: 4444

Command line to launch browser: cmd /C start iexplorer

Awt runtime:

MI Home Folder: C:\Archivos de programa\SAP Mobile Infrastructure (C) (I extract this from the NWCLIENTNT10_0-20000910.SCA too)

MI Logon Information: eilarraza, this user was the one that i create to update the system in the server, it has: SAP_ALL, and SAP_NEW permissions.

Password: The Master Password of the system.

When a push the Test Setting button, it works!

<b>MI Client Configuration:</b>

USER: eilarraza

Client: 000

Languaje: EN

Time Zone: ACT

<b>Synchronization:</b>

Protocol: http

Host: erick

Port: 50100

System: ERI

Proxy: NO, we used DHCP.

<b>Problem:</b>

I am Unable to synchronize with MI server.

I import a .war file, i export It, but a i can't run It.

Searching in the forum i arrive to a Excellent BLOG: http://jogel.sdn.googlepages.com/milad

(Literally i read all the BLOG, is very good for the newbies, it is a excellent work)

I Install the mobile application using a tool called LAD, i restart the MI Client, and the application is Installed!!! But when a try to Syncronized it i received the same error:

Syncronization Started.

Connection Set up (without proxy) to http://erick:50100/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host?~sysid=ERI&;

Connection to server failled

Problems in the Syncrhonization Not Found 404; The server has not found anything matching the URI given.

Basically i can't Syncrhonaze the MI Client with the Server. I search in the Forum, Documentation, Google, Blogs, etc etc, Surely is a configuration problem, please i need some tips.

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick Ilarraza,

The reason why you get the following error is because the ABAP Sync Service which is used for synchronization is not activated in the middleware.

Syncronization Started.

Connection Set up (without proxy) to http://erick:50100/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host?~sysid=ERI&;

Connection to server failled

Problems in the Syncrhonization Not Found 404; The server has not found anything matching the URI given.

In order to activate ABAP Sync Service, you have to activate both <b>mi_host</b> and <b>mi_service</b> in the middleware. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Execute transaction <b>SICF</b> in the middleware.

2. Enter MJC in the Service Name text box and click Execute. This will lead you to the path <i><b>default_host/sap/bc/MJC</b></i>.

3. Under this, you will find the mi_host and mi_service. Right click the on mi_host, and click on the Activate button. Also right click on mi_service and click on Activate button. This will activate both the services.

Once the three steps is completed, click on Test Service and you will be asked a windows prompt to enter your middleware user name and password for authentication. Once you are authenticated, a text <b>MISYNC</b> along with some XML parse errors will be displayed in your browser. Ignore the XML error and what is important is the text MISYNC being displayed in the browser. Now ABAP Sync Service is configured and this should solve your problem during synchronization.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo Santiago, Sivakumar V

Thanks a lot for your help!

<b>Jo</b>: I made Pings to erick:

Ping statistics for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: (i removed the local ip)

Packects: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Works perfect.

nslookup does not work, maybe because all the machines are in a local network.

I am investigating about: ICM Logon and SLD. I don't know what it is that, i Remember that in the installation phase i say NO when he ask me to install the SLD.

<b>Sivakumar:</b>

After the 3 Steps, the services (that were down) now are UP but when a try to test the service he ask me for:

Enter username and password for "SAP Web Application Server [ERI] at http://erick:8001

I try with <b><i>J2EE_ADMIN + Master Password</i></b>, I always use this user to go into the Web Server.

Logon failed.

Note

• Logon performed in system ERI .

• Logon performed for client 001 and language EN.

Them i try with: SAP*, and eilarraza (SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW permissions)

It does not work.

After i try to synchronize the MI Client (with the services mi_host and mi_services UP). But it does not work.

So who is exactly the middleware user? The J2EE_ADMIN? or the one that i create with SAP* to update the system to SP10 (It has SAP_ALL, SAP_NEW permissions, in my case is called eilarraza) Maybe the problem is that i a not using the correct user in the MI Client configuration neither in the test of the service.

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick

The user name and password to be mentioned in this window is the middleware user name and password for whom SAP* authorizations are given i.e. as you mentioned eilarraza and definitely not the J2EE_ADMIN user. I am not sure what SAP_NEW authorizations mean though i understand SAP_ALL authorization (Just curious to know if eilarraza has S_ME_SYNC and S_RFC authorizations which are basically needed for MI synchronization though i know SAP_ALL includes these two auth as well.) Also there are different Procedures of Logon Dypes for each service. Once you double click on mi_host and go to <b>Logon Data</b> tab and choose the Procedure as <b>Standard</b>. For mi_service, in the same tab you need to choose <b>Required with Logon Data</b> and then provide a service user name(probably MI_SERVICE) and password in this tab. I request you to refer the MI Installation Guide or http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4f/0fb1421f4ec911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm for more details on this configuration.

Hope once all this is done correctly, sync results in success

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivakumar,

Really thanks a lot for your help! See my real problem was that the MI Template-Based Basic Configuration for NW20004s don't Work. (See Note 853508). What i do was to do all the process by hand. Things like:

Creating Service Users

Enabling Mobile Components

Until Configuring Sender Control Records.

After that... it Don't work! I am thinking that the reason was the permissions of the Service User (that are not sufficient) Them i use a Administrator user SAP_ALL and it works.

In this moment i can Syncronize MI CLient with the J2EE + ABAP applications!!

But i can't run or deploy mobile applications.

Again thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

PD: I give you 10 points but i get this message when i try to changed to "answered".

Note: You have not assigned any helpful or correct points. To do this, go back to your question and click on "helpful" or "correct" next to each message. Awarding points is an important way to encourage people to answer your questions in the future.

Message was edited by:

Erick Ilarraza

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I am getting following error in client configuration of MI2.5 SP13

• Synchronization started

• Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://srepldev.srhouse.com:50400/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=D62&;

• Successfully connected with server.

• Processing of inbound data began.

• Synchronisation problems: Format of the synchronization inbound file is not supported; Check sync gateway

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi erick,

running the MI template for post-configuration might not be enough. try checking

your MI server configurations accdg to the MI installation doc. i.e. check on whether

job were properly registered, serice user has the proper authorization and so on.

in the case of NW04s, the deployment process has changed from the previous

version.

regarding the LAD tool, take note that LAD will assign your locally deployed apps

with a dummy conversation id. your MI client will not upload your data nor send

the delta to the server for those apps having a conv id not generated by the server.

and might uninstall them from the client.

>* System Landscape Directory is not accessible.

from NW04s, SLD is required for some services used by MI. if you don't have one

in your landscape, i would suggest you to enable the SLD in your server.

>http://erick:50100/sap/bc/MJC/mi_host?~sysid=ERI&

>Connection to server failled

>Problems in the Syncrhonization Not Found 404; The server has not found >anything matching the URI given.

check if your MJC service is running and properly configured.

i would suggest you to enable logging on the ICM level. you will be able to get

the raw data posted from the client. this way, you can trace at which point your

synchronization fails.

on the client-side, you can check the trace logs for errors and exception logs.

can your client reach your MI server? (check via nslookup or ping)

pehaps posting your trace logs will help...

goodluck

jo