cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failed. Password locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPGurus,

Recently I deactivated SAP* user and tried to login to the SLD or Netweaver through J2EE_ADMIN after I try it, it throws me "Authentication failed. Password locked". Following are the steps which I tried to resolve

1. I tried to unlock the user J2EE_ADMIN on AS ABAP and tried to login again but it thowed the same error.

2. I tried to change the password for J2EE_ADMIN at AS ABAP but when I am trying to change the same at config tool in ume.superadmin.password and also in admin/password/SID and jdbc/pool/SID/password in Securestore but it is not allowing me to change the password in admin/password/SID which in turn doesnt change in ume.superadmin.password.

I think that by changing the password of J2EE_ADMIN at both AS ABAP and JAVA would solve the issue if there is something else which can handle this pls suggest.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried to unlock the user J2EE_ADMIN on AS ABAP and tried to login again but it thowed the same error.

This could be because the client was not the right one, check on configtool what client is it pointing to.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan, could you please tell me where can I check this in config tool. Sorry to bother you.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By default the UME is set to point to client 001 in an ABAP+JAVA scenario but having said that this can be changed.

Server -> services -> com.sap.security.core.ume.service and look for ume.r3.connection.master.client

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan, thanks for the reply but it is pointing to 001 only. Please suggest if I should change that value because I am using client 110 normally to change the password and other solman activities.

Regards,

Abhishek Paritosh

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek ,

You can change the parameter 110 and need to restart the system.

but you need SAPJSF  in 110 client with the required role otherwise it will not start the java.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi