cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes on ESS Portal are not updated on ERP Backend

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

The changes on the portal are not updated in the back-end. I booked for leave and training via the portal but I noticed that the 2 bookings are not reflected in SAP. The Overtime workflow still not working nothing happened when pressing the “submit button”. Has anybody encountered this before, what must I look at.

Regards

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The portal application screen runs the application on your ERP system.  If the update fails, this is a failure in the application, not the portal. There actually isn't an update "in the portal" if the application is on your ERP system.  

Check the application by running a test via SICF from the ERP system.  Are you using the standard application or a custom built web dynpro?

Andrew

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

We are using customer built web dynpro. Could this be caused SSO between EP and ERP backend? Regards Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

The connection between EP and ERP is enabled by an exchange of certificates between the servers.  After that has been done, the SSO connection uses a cookie MYSAPSSO2 to maintain session identity. 

Your webdynpro application should not need to know about that process as it is independent of specific apps. 

In the portal, (using system admin role) check whether the trust is established and working, by viewing the System Landscape, select the ERP server, choose the option for connection tests.  Those tests will verify whether your ERP system is trusted, webas connection correct, etc.  Your portal administrator or Basis people will be able to set this up to work correctly.