Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channel deleted

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I deleted business system from my scenario. Same business system was used in some other scenarios also.

I again created Busyness system for those scenarios but I am unable to create communication channel as in communication channel it has some fields of user name and password which I don't have.

We are using MDM PI adapter on PI7.31. Kindly let me know is there any other way to regain our deleted communication channels. I searched on RWB, our communication channels are active there and in running status. Please guide ASAP.

Regards,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Did you check the change list of ID? In case you have deleted the channels and activated the changes then how are they running in RWB? In case change list is still having those deleted objects then do a reject change to retrieve the old channels. Other way round is to reset the password in the new communication channel. For user name please consult the BASIS team they might have this information. Once you reset the password there might be errors in channels. PI is logging in target server using the username and password thus target team needs to reset the same too.

Regards
Anupam

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Anupam Ashish Sunil....

What I did here... I got the commu channel names from QA server....then I searched those commu channles in ID of Dev server using FIND in ID.... Then in options we have Assign object to another scenario..... This is how we got our commu channels back to there places

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Oh, glad to hear that..!"

smavachee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I again created Busyness system for those scenarios but I am unable to create communication channel as in communication channel it has some fields of user name and password which I don't have.

>> Business system can be created with routine procedure, if its been deleted. Make sure that the you are creating it with exact earlier name

>> If you know the CC name, try creating with same name with newly created business system, you will not be able to create new CC with exact same name.

We are using MDM PI adapter on PI7.31. Kindly let me know is there any other way to regain our deleted communication channels.

>> There is no recovery option available if objects are deleted in SAP PI.

I searched on RWB, our communication channels are active there and in running status. Please guide ASAP.

>> As you observed that the objects are running, that mean objects are still there at ID, check OBJECTS list, they must be there.

Hope it will help.!

Regards,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

If you deleted only  the business sysetm intially & not the comm channels assoicated with those Business systems then no need to create communication channels again. You just need to import the business system frm SLD & associate them with communication channels.

Hope this would help to sort out the issue.

Regards,
Ashish