cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not selecting values - How To?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear users,

The situation is as follows: We have some process of which one is called email notification since the system sends an email to the users to say that there is a task for them in our Web Dynpro.

However, I wish to have an overview of all performed processes (vendor, material, etc.) without the email notification in there because it gives a wrong representation of the actual processes. I have tried to filter

Subject contains =!"email" but is does not give me the wanted result. Which formula should I use for this?

If there were only 2 different processes it would be easy to just filter on the process you want but as here there are many different ones with different names, that would be a big job.

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

This is difficult. It's not completely clear - maybe you can post some examples on what you see without a filter. So we can see the difference to other entries.

Best regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

In the screenshot below you see different processes of which one is 'Email Notification'. I wish to filter that one out, so that I do not see it anymore and it is not taken up in the calculations of all tasks done for a certain period, etc.

Now my question is if/how this is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Jan

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

You can use Filter operator.

I will demonstrate it with BAPI_BANKS_GETLIST service which returns the list of banks in Italy.

I don't want to show banks if the City is Milano.

So I connect the output of the service to Filter operator and the Filter operator to the table.

In the Filter I define:

field: @City

condition: is equal to

expression: =IF(@CITY!="Milano",@CITY,"")

See screenshot attached.

It means, filter please the result set by fields "City" where the value of the field is equal to the expression.

Now, the expression =IF(@CITY!="Milano",@CITY,"") means: if the value of the field City is not "Milano" return it (the value of the field City), else return empty string.

In the second screenshot you can see the first table is without filtering (with Milano rows) and the second table is filtered (there is not Milano)

In your case just adjust the Filter's setting (field and expression)

Regards,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Talia,

many many thanks for the detailed approach. I applied it to my data with succes!

Answers (0)