Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grouping by the first 4 characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Another question for you guys,

For our vendor tasks, the 4 first characterisicts of the subject contain the Account Group. Now we wish to see how many vendors were created for a particular vendor account group so in fact group by the first 4 characteristics.

Thanks in advance,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

I'd like to elaborate more on Anja's reply, and describe the grouping option in the WebDynpro table. I'm not 100% sure it solves your problem but wanted to make sure, since it's a simple thing to try.

You could add a new field to a Grid View, and set it's value and visibility as follows:

Then define grouping for the Grid View using the new invisible field:

In the run-time you see the grouping and expand or collapse them:

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Thanks a lot, I indeed find this very interesting. However, is there any possibility to automatically make a count on the number of AAAA - subjects, BBBB - subjects, etc. when grouping the data?

So that next to the AAAA for example we find 12 because 12 subjects start with AAAA.

Anyway, already thanks

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

For this example I don't think it's possible. Since we use a WebDynpro table feature it's according to what's available in this feature, and we can't change it in the model.

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks Udi!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not notice this message yesterday when trying to group as you said Udi but there are some error messages.

Any idea what may cause them. Anyhow, the grouping happens as it should and the column is hidden...

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Hi Jan,

This warning (for the Table) in Run-Time we can avoid by deselect the Table option (in the Configure panel):

Tools => Options => List Viewer Configurations => Settings => Column Selection.

Or: we can define CCM Personalization in the portal:

[Edited by moderator.]

Thanks,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, indeed removes the warning message!

I used the option 'Tools => Options => List Viewer Configurations => Settings => Column Selection.'

The provided link does not work..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

talia_gurevich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

There is BEGINS function in Dynamic Expression Editor->Text Functions.

You can use it in order to identify whether the account group begins with "SEEC" string...

Take a look at Text functions, there are also such functions like CONTAINS and ENDS that can be useful in your case.

Regards,

Talia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Talia,

I appreciate your effort and it could offer me a nice workaround. However, the text functions you are talking of only allows for true/false values and thus only the possibilty to do it for one account group at a time.

What I have done to solve this: We use 8 Account Groups so first had a table listing all subjects and then defining 8 times the function begins with, then grouping per function and 1 count.

This gives me the following

But there exists no way to immediately say something like:

Group By (Begins with - xxxx-) to have all different account groups. So that it visualizes:

SEEC - 802

SHOW - 1

Thanks!

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Characters or characteristics? I guess character is what you mean. The problem is not completely clear to me but I guess you use a table. Did you try to use an invisible column in the table that contains the first 4 characters only?

Best regards,

Anja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anja,

Indeed I mean characters.

We use a Web Dynpro tool in which we can create materials and vendors. The entire process goes to a workflow with different teams that have to enter different inputs.

E.g. Procurement team enters procurement data & Finance team enters accounting data. The tool is called 'Master Data Tool'.

The sources I use to see what happens in that tool are BI_SOURCES and more specific, for this one I use BI_BPM_MY_TASKS_DS. One of those entries is called 'SUBJECT' and the values for it are the task-names.

E.g.: SEEC - Vendor Creation for TEST VENDOR - please complete and approve data

So what I would like to do is group all vendors that were created with account group SEEC or whathever account group.

I have no idea about some sort of invisible column? How is this done? (If still valid after explaining the issue a bit more clear).

Thanks,

Jan