Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receiver file adapter fcc header maximum length

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

scenario is receiver file adapter with fcc.

header line is 937 character.

But in the output file only 512 character length header line is coming rest 937-512 = 425 characters are getting truncated and goes missing.

TEST.headerLine=3 i am using.

please let me know how to handle 937 characters header line in receiver file adapter fcc.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At receiver side what type of file are you creating (Fixed length or csv)?

Please go through the below link for Receiver FCC documentation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Venkat

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am creating fixed lenth file (TXT). all field values are coming in single line properly.

my header line is of 937 character while field values are less than 512 so are coming properly.

in sap help document, the maximum character length is not given to come in a line. how to send more than 512 characters of header line in receiver file.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its AL11 tcode limitation to show 512 characters. File will have all characters but shown 512 char only on AL11 screen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

As Venkat says you must use the parameter fieldFixedLengths or fieldSeparator. What are you using for?, could you share all your parameters?

How are you seeing the final file?, have you tried with a different editor?

Have you checked that all the header line is coming to the receiver file adapter?

Regards.

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi all the fields values are coming to XI including header and values. when xi is generating text file with FCC output 1st line is header line,in this line max 512 character is coming. can the header line take more than 512 characters ? If not,how to achieve it.

TEST.addHeaderLine3
TEST.headerLine937 character length of fields are here
TEST.fieldSeparator|
TEST.endSeparator|##'nl'
nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you facing this issue when using 'TEST.fieldFixedLengths'? SAP has never mentioned any character limitation but it could be there.