Did you mean: 

Pre-shipment Sampling & co-shipment sampling

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Process scenario:

After the Manufacturing process end,

1 st Sample of this batch send to customer i.e. pre-shipment sample with Analysis report.

After the approval of customer then delivery made.
Please suggest me How to map Quality process in SAP?

I checked sample type 06 Preliminary sample for the customer is available in system. How can I use this in system & what is the process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul, I think you should opt inspection type 10 for this and not 06. 06 is meant for inspection for customer returns, whereas here you want to inspect prior to delivery or PGI. It works as follows.

1. Assign inspection type 10 in material master
  2. Go to QCC0 > Quality inspection > Inspection lot creation > Inspection at shipping  > Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type. Assign origin as 10 against appropriate delivery type. Your SD person can help you for identifying this delivery type.
  3. As a result this, as soon as you proceed for sales cycle, system generates inspection lot.
  4. There is option to choose when lot should be created before delivery or after delivery.
  5. You can achieve these controls through QV51.
  6. Thus, unless you clear this lot PGI and subsequently invoicing is not possible.
  7. So when you receive feedback from your customer for 1st piece then clear this lot. Till the time PGI and further processing will remain in block stage.

Regards, Anand

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

here 1st send sample to Customer with COA & acceptance of sample from customer they do Delivery.

How we capture this scenario in system?

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can still me mapped with inspection type 10 if I am not mistaken.

1. For sending first sample are you generating proper invoicing as like its a normal sale?
  2. If yes, then you must be creating sales order, then delivery and then PGI.
  3. With this setting, create delivery for 1 Qty, system will generate inspection lot (10 origin) with reference to this outbound delivery.
  4. You have to clear this lot. Here you can enter the results and can print for COA which you are supposed to send to your customer.
  5. Then you can proceed for PGI for this first sample. Here first sample process ends.

I think when customer receives this sample, they inspect it and communicate you that the sample is okay. This control is out side the system. Whether you want your system should recognize this?

Until customer gives feedback to you for first sample, you should not clear other outstanding inspection lots (if any), so that the PGI can not be processed.

Regards, Anand

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi thanks for the reply

For the 1st sample (i.e. pss) sending, we are not doing any delivery and invoice of that sample.

But send the sample with Certificate of analysis.

Approval based on results. If this results are ok then regular qty. send to the customer wrt referance sample. Invoicing is done on this qty.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's your issue there.  SAP provides a "free sample" when processing a sales order.  This allows a sample of the material to be sent at no charge to the customer.  You should be handling this with an order and a delivery.  Why aren't you?  When that is done, the COA is created just like it would be for a normal delivery.  Even samples being sent via the mail usually still require much of the same paperwork as a regular shipment including a COA, MSDS and any shipping docs required.

Many places place the order with two items.  The first item being the free sample.  The second item the actual order qty.  Two deliveries are created for these, the first for the sample.  Once the sample is approved by the customer, the second delivery is created and processed.

That would be the standard SAP process.  Anything else is going to involve manual steps and human intervention.

FF

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

There are more than one sample send to customer. As the approval from customer then ll send the actual delivery. So SD person doesn't agree to maintain such more line item in sale order.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, then that's a problem.  So QM needs to do something custom and non standard because SD doesn't want to maintain who they send samples to?  You can create all the manual COA's you want via QC22.  Your problem is deciding how to track who got what. 

You could develop a notification type for this.  That would allow you to tracke multiple batches in it as well as customer numbers.  Then once a customer has approved a batch,  do as was suggested earlier and use a batch characteristic to hold the. Approved for and the not approved for customers. Then batch search strategies can eve used to make sure SD gets the right batch or batches.

But no matter what you do it will require manual work.

FF

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can me please share me how I maintained no. of sample tracking via Notification. It will helpful for me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no standard process in SAP.

Please review my recommendation.

[Pre-config]

1.Define a batch characteristic 'approved customer' and link to customer master.

2.Assign it to batch class and assign class to batch material.

3.Develop an enhancement into batch determination process for delivery.

[Transaction]

4.Send pre-sample to custmer and get approval from customer. (not in SAP)

5.When you get approval from certain customer, add the customer numbers into batch characteristic.

6.If any customer number has been input in batch master, the batch determination will validate delivery is possible or not for certain customer.

Usually we call this process CBA (customer batch approval).

Regards, DoWook KIM