cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Host Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are configuring SAP Solution Manager 7.1. I am using SOLMAN_SETUP for the same.

I have below confusion :

Will I have to install Dignostic Host Agent on each system ? i.e. on our ABAP Landscap DEV, QAS and PRD ?

During installation sap installer asks for hostname which automatically gives default hostname. It is recommand to change name here or can I move next step with same hostname?

How can I know whether Dignostic Host Agent is installed on system or not?

Thanks in advance,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the answers.

Dear All,

We are configuring SAP Solution Manager 7.1. I am using SOLMAN_SETUP for the same.

I have below confusion :

Will I have to install Dignostic Host Agent on each system ? i.e. on our ABAP Landscap DEV, QAS and PRD ?

Yes You have to install Diagonistic Agent installed for each systems

During installation sap installer asks for hostname which automatically gives default hostname. It is recommand to change name here or can I move next step with same hostname?

You can use the same hostname of the SAP system which you want to install . Suppose if you have used ECCPRD for a SAP system installation, you can use ECCPRD same for  the agent installation

How can I know whether Dignostic Host Agent is installed on system or not?

Please go /usr/sap/DAA/SYS/profile... there you can see the profiles of the DAA to the system it has been installed.

Thanks and Regards,
Vimal

Thanks in advance,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vimal,

Thanks for your reply.

Your reply is very helpful to me.

I have started installation on our DEV, QAS, PRD system.

Currently I am installing on DEV, QAS system. Both the instance is installed in only one server.

So one Diagnostic Agent for both the instance.

During "Execution" phase of installation due to some problem installation was terminated.

Now I want to start from beginning. Can I start as a new installation or I need to remove old installation ?

I also have some below confussion :

In solution manager, I don't know whether Diagnostic Agent is installed or not but in D:\usr\sap "DAA" folder is exist with subfolder   "SMDA97", "SYS" and "tmp".

How can I know that whether it is installed or not on Solution Manager? It was installed with Solution Manager 7.1 installation?

If it is installed then during SOLMAN_SETUP I have to just marked "installed" ? Any addtional config is required after installation of Dignostic Agent ?

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can choose either way, continue with the current install, or remove all files pointing to this install and start a fresh one. Doesn't really matter

As for the second question, by default the Diagnostics Agent is installed together with the install of SSM 7.1, if the folder you mention is in place, most likely your agent is too.

You should be able to see a service running in the services overview, and an instance in SAP MMC.

You need to connect all agents to both SLD and SolMan.

Usually this is already configured during installation of the Agent.

If for some reason this hasn't been done, you can execute the smdsetup script located in:

usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/script

Run it twice, once with sldconf and once with managingconf option (run it with -help to see all options and proper syntax)

Let me know the outcome

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear David,

Thanks for your reply.

Now installation successfully complited.

But in solman_Setup I am not able to see any agent.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you execute the script (without errors)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear David,

Script executed without error.

I am not able to see another host "rlsdev"  in SOLMAN_SETUP. 

How can I identify if any mistake during Dignostic Agent installation/configuration.

Because in SLD configuration (in SOLMAN_SETUP), system shows zero Agents.

Thanks and Regards,

Nirav

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to connect your diagnostic agent with your solman system.

There is a Batch file in your installation.

Patch should be like this on unix/windows is almost the same.

/usr/sap/SMD/SMDA97/scripts/smdsetup.sh managingconf hostname:"sapms://solman_hostname.domain.com" port:50104 user:SMD_ADMIN pwd:"password"

Pls. have a look at:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Troubleshooting+SMD+Agents

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read AgentInstallationStrategy (see attachment) in Note 1365123 - Installation of Diagnostics Agents. It clarifies all your questions.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nirav,

In addition please read blog http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agent+and+HA+Support explains the installation strategy of diagnostic host agent.

BR,

SAPfan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a small addition.

You only need to install one Diagnostics Agent per host.

So in a scenario where you have DEV and QAS running on the same server you only install one agent.

Regards,

David