source system

O/S:AIX

Oracle:9i

Sap:ECC 4.7

target system

O/S:Windows server 2008

SAP:ECC4.7

can i do using this export/import method?is there any production system down while doing system copy?

please guide me it is very urgent to me.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

can i do using this export/import method?is there any production system down while doing system copy?

You don't do migration on a production system initially.

The best practice is to perform the migration on a non productive system first - QUA or Sandbox (refreshed) system.

Also a migration check is required from SAP before you do it on the production system.

Good luck

Cheers

RB

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add to Vimal comment,

Target system

O/S:Windows server 2008

SAP:ECC4.7

Oracle 9i is not supported in WIndows 2008. You need to check your facts in PAM before doing a test migration.

Regards, Juan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Addition to what Juan and Vimal had said. R3 4.7 and Oracle 9i are out of support from SAP.

You need to plan for upgrading your SAP environment to SAP supported releases and database version.

Currently Oracle 11g is supported by SAP.

As you plan for OS/DB migration you may upgrade you target database to Oracle 11g during this processes. Refer upgrade guides available at http://service.sap.com/instguides for more details of such database migrations/upgrades.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

This is a hetergenous system copy.. Either OS or DB is different from the source system then it is called hetergenous system copy.

Since it is a production system, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY SAP that this migration should be done only by the SAP Certified Migration Consultant. You need to raise a OSS message about this production migration. SAP will revert back with an questionaire which you need to fill up and send it back to SAP.

Questionaire contains information like planned test migration dates, planned real migration, name of the certified consultant , planned go live of the migration ....etc.

Coming to your query

Since you are changing the OS , you need to use the ONLY the export/import method. During export and import production SHOULD BE DOWN  to have an consistent export.

I repeat please have a certified consultant for this production migration. Else in case of any issues during the migration, iam afraid you won't get any suggestion/help from SAP... Please check with SAP on this.

Please refere the link  for more information.

http://scn.sap.com/message/13880613#13880613

I hope the information  helps you.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal