cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vkoa setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

I Am confused On VKOA Bz i know Revenue Account is determined In the combination of

1) Sales organisation

2) condition type

3) chart of accounts

4) customer account assignment group

5) material account assignment group

I know with out having customer account assignment group and material account assignment Group it is not possible to post billing documents into FI

But In VKOA   General    Option is there in this no customer account assignment is there But how system posts the documents in to FI?

And always we cant use All like...

1) Sales organisation

2) condition type

3) chart of accounts

4) customer account assignment group

5) material account assignment group

So give me one pin point In which business scenario we use different Combnations ex some times we use , customer account assignment group

and some times we use another one plz i am confused Exact what is to use only particular one

Dear Mentors , may be this is basic question but i am not able to understand business scenario i have cheked   in google but here some are telling it is based on clint requerment  But i want the logic

Thank you all for your supporting

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor

Dear

I hope you are familiar with SD Pricing condition tables, access sequences and their use. Same like that we create condition table with different fields. These are as per client's requirement. In VKOA you can see there is no table with Item category field. Suppose if client asks you to post revenue based on item category. Lets say different G/L for third party sale, credit sale, cash sale, Domestic sale, export etc and you are differentiating all these with item categories, then you will create condition table with Chart of accounts, condition type, item category.

These tables are freely definable like pricing tables. Hope you are clear now. Let me know if you need more assistance.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ali sir  i am  very thankful for responding ,, can you explain what about genral table bz here no customer account assignment group but how to post document to fi

Plz explain little bit more plz plz

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

This "General" table has no account key no customer or material account group but it does have Sales organization. So keeping the posting method in mind you should understand that if you assign any G/L in this table with combination of sales organization then whenever you create billing document for that sales organization system will post amount to that particular G/L.

Usually this table is not used and I dont know if anyone has ever used this but SAP has given you an option to use.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear any bady used Genaral tab in vkoa plz let me know the

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

General in VKOA is used to determine G/L accounts based on Condition type for account determination, Chart of Accounts and Sales Organization since you know that while invoice posting system will use account determination types in order to track G/L accounts to which amount has to be posted. Lemme know if you need more clarification on this. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venu,

As explained by others, we will do this setting purely based on business requirment. In our project, we have used this general for the combination of KOFK - Chart of accounts - Sales org and G/L.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kesari

it means if we maintain genaral tab in account determination based on sales org amount wiil trigger in g/l account irrespective of customer right ?

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Venu. Anyway you can try in Sandbox.

Regards, Sai Krishna.