cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO-ASN-Invoice collaboration in SNC for items without material master. ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement:

Collaboration for PO’s without material master. The client would like to syndicate PO’s without material master to SNC and then create confirmations, create ASN and create Invoice for such PO’s from SNC. These will be free text material (non stock) PO’s.

As of now we have an approach where we will be syndicating such PO’s to SNC using a DUMMY material in SNC. DUMMY material will be created in SNC and will be used in cases where PI doesn’t find any material master information in the PO coming from ECC. But this approach is limited only for PO syndication to SNC. We are not sure how the confirmation, ASN and Invoice will work for such PO’s.

Could you please tell us if someone has come across this scenario in their projects. Pls provide the solution approach & We would like to know the extent of enhancement which will be required to achieve this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Working with Dummy material  is a alternate approach to begin with.  The correct SAP Product for such scenario is SAP SRM.

But, If your client is willing to maintain the master data in ECC:

1. Material Master - Dummy Material & Description similar to a standard material

2. Vendor & Info Rec, price

3. CIF them to SNC

4. Create Location, BP, Mot, T-lane

I dont see any issue why it cannot work as normal material.  let me know where you are stuck.

I would like to iterate, using Dummy material is alternate approach.

Thx

MJ

Thx

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MJ for suggesting alternate approach

My project requirements of free text material to be handled in SNC is not only for PO collaboration but also for ASN, Release & Invoice (Inbound as well as outbound). During our fit gap, we have already evaluated this dummy material approach, which i am not very convinced with. Our client is on latest EHP2 so i was just wondering in case there is any standard/different approach.

Do you know whether this alternate approach works fine for all these modules like ASN, Release & Invoice ?

Are there any challenges which you have come across based on your experience - Pls highlight that  will really helpful

Answers (0)