cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy SAP Canned Transaction Types and Skins

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I know SAP recommands to copy SMIN to ZMIN because I need to customize it, should I copy the following transaction types even if I don't customize them?

0000 Appointment Appointment

0001 Interaction Log Interaction Log

0002 Incoming Call Incoming Telephone Call

0003 Outgoing Phone Call Outgoing Telephone Call

0004 Incoming E-Mail Incoming E-Mail

0005 Outgoing E-Mail Outgoing E-Mail

0010 Interaction Record Interaction Record

0020 Bus.Act. with Prods Business Activity with Products

0025 Bus. Act. (Simple) Business Activity (Simple View)

0100 Lean Int. Record Lean Interaction Record

1001 Meeting Conversation w. Departmental Colleagues

1003 Task Task

1004 Task (Simple) Task (Simple View)

The other question is the skin "NOVA: Signature Design", should I copy it as a new one before customization? If yes, will the new introduced fixes or features in SP be applied to the original one or the one I copied?

Thanks,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked in the system, its allowing to copy those above trasnsaction types to Z. But not sure, where and how we can use the z.

Since for Incident management and Charm, once we created the Z transaction types, we have some consecutive steps to maintain ZTR in DNO_CUST04 and some more also.

not sure hw can we maintain for the other ZTR.

if you have clear requirement, please post the query in CRM forum , might be CRM functional experts may guide you.

Thanks

Jansi

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

as general recommendation: you should only copy those customizing objects to custom namespace which you are planning to use. This is due to the fact that there may problems occur if you're implementing support packages that may overwrite your individual settings if you use the SAP standard objects.

Fixes by SAP notes or support packages normally affect only programs, function modules etc. So, you'll correct the "technical basis" not the customizing itself. The customized settings are the individual occurrences of the system - to handle theses settings you have the technical infrastructure.

In rare cases SAP also provide customizing corrections via notes.

Regards, Richard