cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC stock materials in SRM MDM cross-catalog search?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We're in a One Client solution with SRM7 and ECC6 EhP 4.6, which means classic scenario for our purchases.

We've got a SRM-MDM catalog for purchased goods.

We also have stock materials managed in ECC as a master.

We need to be able to create a shopping cart in SRM for either stock materials from ECC or catalog-based products whether in MDM or in any of the available Punch out catalogs.

Is it possible to do a cross-catalog search that may include the stock materials from ECC in the shopping cart creation? To benefit from the related customizing flag for catalogs in the SRM SPRO (external web services):

I've seen that this kind of product can be accessed through SRM (at least with this One-client configuration) for inclusion in the shopping cart, but how can we manage the cross-catalog search to include them?

Is there any other way rather than including them in the MDM catalog? And by doing so (including them in MDM), do we impact the standard follow-on document generation in ECC? meaning, would our shopping cart create a PO or a reservation in ECC as a result?

How can we identify the fact that a given MDM product is a stock one or not (other than the product ID in ECC that would be stored in the catalog only for such materials) to help us generate a reservation for them?

Otherwise, is there a "standard-ish" way to include these articles in a cross-catalog search? a customizing or user exit?

Because our client is a PME that wants us to keep it simple and as standard as possible.

Thanks for your help!

I hope somebody out there can provide me with a solution or at least some new hints!

Best regards,

Tamara Marquez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tamara,

As far as I know, it is not possible to include these items in the cross-catalog search without uploading them to the catalog.

The easiest way would be to upload the items to the catalog with the product ID. But the product ID is not enough in SRM to create a stock item (direct material). Such shopping carts have to include a flag in SRM "order as direct material".

My idea would be to add a custom field to the item data within the MDM repository and maintain a value (e.g. X) for the direct materials. Transfer this value as a custom OCI field during item transfer to SRM. This information (e.g. NEW_ITEM-CUST_FIELD1=X) could be handled in the BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER_BADI, so that if this flag is set, the direct material flag in SRM is automatically set.

Using this custom field it would be possible to maintain the product ID to other items too, even if those are not handled as stock materials.

I haven't tried this solution but I think it could work. I hope my answer will be helpful.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

Thanks for your fast response.

That's what I thought but as far as I know it's not possible to use direct materials in One Client configuration, since it corresponds to the Classic Scenario (not the Extended one).

Am I wrong on that?

Also this solution you propose would mean to put in place a replication interface from ECC to SRM to SRM MDM to upload the stock materials into the catalog, right?

The customer is willing to use an initial upload via import manager and then manage the stock materials in MDM manually in case of new ones or changes to apply, just to avoid development as much as possible.

Best regards,

Tamara

Answers (0)