cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different payment terms at the item level in the sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue that I need help resolving. The materials in the sales order at the item level are supposed to source the payment term(Net 60) from a net discount condition record. However, when an order is created the some of the materials are taking the payment term (Net 30) from the customer master. Has anybody faced any issue like that? I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

"When an order is created the some of the materials are taking the payment term (Net 30) from the customer master"

If you dont mind ,Can you spell it out above comments.

Note : If you search in Google , there are a lot of Answered Quires on this .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Payment terms in Customer Master data should be maintained at Company code data and Sales area data as well.

In sales area data-Billing document tab - terms of Payment

In Company code data-Payment terms tab - terms of Payment

Make sure that your payment terms are maintained both the places to have appropriate payment terms in sales order.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srihari,

Thanks for your answer. The logic is that all the line items are supposed to take their payment terms(net 60) from this discount condition record but apparently a few materials are taking their payment terms(net 30) from the customer master instead of this condition record. Everything is maintained as they should but I'm trying to find out why these 3 materials are taking their payment terms from the customer master.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Payment Term ( from Sales Data ) = from Customer Master to  Sales order 1st Preference

Payment Term ( from Condition Record, when Sales Data doesnt have Payment Term then only system looking into Condition Record ) = from Condition record to Sales Order 2nd preference .

so ,now coming to the point is Material Master doesnt have Payment Terms .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren