cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI functioning as dispather

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've heard that other Integration Servers can acts as 'balancers'. For example if you want to send a soap request to a web service and it is deployed in various servers (high availability) you don't need to send the request to a web dispather that acts as a redirector, because the integration server offers this functionality. I think it's not possible in SAP PI,  ¿ could you confirm this point ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was thinking in somethink like this:

Oracle enterprise service bus - Oracle ESB Control Services View - Using Endpoint Properties:

Each adapter type and SOAP service has a specific set of endpoint properties that are provided when the service is created.

For example, you can specify a new URL, or URLs, for the Location endpoint property of a SOAP service. When you specify multiple URLs for Location endpoint property, the SOAP service can be exposed externally to multiple endpoints. If one endpoint is down, Oracle Enterprise Service Bus redirects the request to alternative endpoint.

I think the only option to make somethink similar in SAP PI 7.0 implies the use of BPM. I think you can manage exception handling in a BPM, or include timeout conditions, but I'm not very fond of BPMs.

Do you know if is there any similar capacity in SAP PI 7.3 ? If not I think is a good improvement for the future, Oracle ESB have it. ("learn about your enemy" )

Thanks in advace.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

No, this is not possible.. The PI system is never high available by itself.

And even with a webdispatcher in front of the PI system, it's not automatically high available. You can only speak of high available if the single points of failure (SCS instance, database) are setup in a high available way.

A webdispatcher is purely a load balancer which can be used in high available scenario's, but mainly just to distribute the http(s) load between multiple instances.

Kind regards,

Mark

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

Don't think Load balancing functionality comes default with Integration Server of PI.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c3d9d710-0d01-0010-7486-9a51ab92b...