Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document Flow Update: Error VLA 315

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We always do the goods receipts with MIGO transaction using the inbound delivery document as reference document (or the purchase order).

Now we want to activate the "Document Flow Update for Stock Postings and Returns Deliv" to have the inbound deliveries status updated after posting the goods receipt.

We are doing some test and we are having trouble with serial numbers. We always get the error message: VLA315 Item 000010 requires serial numbers; use the inbound delivery dialog. The serial number is already informed at the inbound delivery.

We already tried to set the message as a warning, but we still get an error message type.

Why is this happening? Can we avoid it? Or we shouldn't bother... and post the goods receipt from VL32N?

Thanks in advanced,

Fortian

P.S.: SAP note 1378124 is not valid for out system.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member183379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fortian.

Did you solved this issue.?

Regards,

Bhg.

former_member183379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fortian,

Did you try SAP note 1831652 which makes VLA315 customizable?

You can go in Customizing to Logistics Execution > Shipping > System Modifications > Specify Characteristics for System Messages and add an entry for VLA315 to turn it from an error into a warning.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mathias

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe the issue is:

"The prerequisites are that the serial numbers profile for the inbound delivery item does not require serial number maintenance"

I've seen serial number profiles are maintained at transaction OIS2 but I can't tell if they require or not "number maintenance", any hint?

Kind regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI, check  SAP note: 1718309. It might give u some light.

Thanks

MS

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello MS Reddy,

The note 1718309 is about a different issue. In my scenario I'm not able to post the goods receipt from MIGO tcode when dealing with serial numbers because of the error message VLA 315.

Regards