cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM quantity not changing proportional to order QTY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I created a sales BOM for KITS with components in it. 1 KIT = 2 components. I created sales orders in KITS. The order QTY of Kits is 2. In delivery, for the 2 orderd Kits, there should be actually 4 components seen. But the component qty in the delivery is always 1.

Did I miss any config? Please suggest.

Thanks,

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I fixed the issue. I had base qty as 1,000 at BOM header level. Changed it to 1.

Thanks everyone for looking into this.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj kumar wrote:

I fixed the issue. I had base qty as 1,000 at BOM header level. Changed it to 1.

Can you please explain more about this? How did this cause having qty 1 for the components always?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction. I can see the sub components in order itself but the quantity for these sub components is always 1.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

1.In Sales Order ,How many Quantity ,Did you maintain ?

2. In Delivery Level ,How many ,you are seeing ?

In VOV8 ,check field  ' Display Range ' what you maintained .

Do you have enough stock for that Materials ,check this also in MMBE .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sales order has 2 KIT. Components are not exploded in Sales order as per our settings. Components are visible in delivery. In delivery I see only 1 components each.

in CS01, for this KIT I maintained the qty per of component as 2. And the fixed qty field is not checked in BOM.

There is enough stock maintained for these components in MMBE.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go to OVLK ( not Zero VLK ) and check field "Display Range " .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

UALL - All items.

My issue is that the quantity of these components always 1 in the delivery. If I change the Kit qty to 2 in sales order, then in delivery I should see corresponding component qty for that KIT. But in my case I see the component qty as 1 always.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the item category -structure scope field setting maintained in T.code VOV7? Set the value to A or B (per your business requirement) and test.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Structure scope is already maintained as A. I can see the sub components in the delivery but the quantity is not changing proportional to the quantity if components.

in my BOM I have

For a component A

subcomponent is B. Qty per is 2.

I created a sales order with components A and quantity 2. my item category settings are that the BOM explode in delivery.

In delivery I see

Component A  Qty 2

Subcomponent B. QTY 1

I dont understand why the subcomponent QTY is not changing. It is always 1. this number should change in proportional to components QTY.

Please help me out.