Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 Incident (ZMIN) Attachment With Template option greyd out

FrancoisCrous
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Solman 7.1 when logging an incident, one of the assignment blocks are Attachments.  In the header area of this assignment block there is a few option, i.e. New attachment, New URL and then New with Template.  Our New with template option is grey's out. 

We would like to add a blank word document to this button so that consultants or end users can just click here and paste the screenshots directly into the newly created blank document and save to Solman.  This was available in 7.0.

Can you please give me some advice on how to get this working?  Why is the With Template option grey'd out?

Thanks

Francois Crous

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

You already create a Document Template in ITSM? the  Attachment With template read all the templates availables in the system, I already blog some info about this funcionalities.

BR

@WenSolman

FrancoisCrous
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wences,

Thanks for the reply.  I manage to get it working but it is not exactly how I thought it would work.  Once you created the templates and you linked it to the Solman Transaction Texts; you can create from template but then you have to save to desktop and upload to Solman.  I was hoping that by clicking on create the file is created in Solman and opened for editing and saved directly back to Solman.   Sounds petty but the guys don't want to go through extra steps...then they could have just copied there test results in a new document and upload when they get to Solution manager. 

I also think it would be beneficial if SAP can change the text blocks to Rich Text (like what is available in Microsoft SharePoint) which will allow users to paste test results or problems directly into these blocks.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Francois Crous

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Francois

In my case the after create a new document with model, the system attach automatically the document to the Incident,e

About Rich Text , is an excellent idea 🙂

keep in touch

w

Francois Crous wrote:

Hi Wences,

Thanks for the reply.  I manage to get it working but it is not exactly how I thought it would work.  Once you created the templates and you linked it to the Solman Transaction Texts; you can create from template but then you have to save to desktop and upload to Solman.  I was hoping that by clicking on create the file is created in Solman and opened for editing and saved directly back to Solman.   Sounds petty but the guys don't want to go through extra steps...then they could have just copied there test results in a new document and upload when they get to Solution manager.

I also think it would be beneficial if SAP can change the text blocks to Rich Text (like what is available in Microsoft SharePoint) which will allow users to paste test results or problems directly into these blocks.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Francois Crous

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

do you found a solution for directly editing a attachment (word-file)?

I have the same problem.

I already found some notes which describes this functionality.

1735356 - MS-Word-Dateien in CRM-Content-Management bearbeiten

1752975 - "Bearbeiten" bei Anhängen im DOCX-Format deaktiviert

Both are already implemented, but it's not working ... the "edit" button is always greyed out.

I have support package SAPKU70109 of BBPCRM.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i just had the same issue and resolved it by removing all customizing i made at SPRO transaction and only working with the template designer on the Web UI.

Hope it helpes you like it helped me

Regards

Abosi

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what respects to the whole parameter list for DNO_CUST04, I haven't found anything like that, yet. But whoever is reading please share a thought about this.

Friendly regards,

César

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK friend, this is what I could dug out for you, and for me, too! from this url:

http://www.consolut.com/en/s/sap-ides-access/d/s/doc/YY-SOLMAN_VAR_TEXT

SOLMAN_VAR_TEXT - Create System Text Templates

You can create system text templates with standard texts, which are available to all support staff in the Incident Management work center, for example for standard requests for further information about the system, provision of a user name, etc. from the problem reporter.

Create/edit system text templates

1. Choose the document class: General Text.
  2. Specify a document name.
  3. Choose Create/Change.
  4. Adjust the template text to your requirements.
  5. Activate the text.

Activate system text templates

1. Choose the transaction DNO_CUST04.
  2. Choose New Entries.
  3. Choose the field name: SDK_MSG_PROC_AUTO_TEXT.
  4. Choose a sequential number.
  5. Enter a system text template description.
  6. Choose the document name as field value.
  7. Leave the user name field empty.
  8. Choose Save, to activate the system text template.

Kindly advise,

César

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Francois,

I you would like to add a new template, there is some previous, but simple, work to do in the gui. Please read https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001056012011E, under '3.1.13 Create a system wide text Template'

Kindly advise if it guided you through the process you required.

Fine regards,

#solman71today

FrancoisCrous
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Cesar,

Thanks for the reply.  I look at this and this will be fine for the Text assignment block.  Do you know what the parameter (SDK_MSG* from the manual) for the Attachment block is?

I want the template to be available for the Attachment Block. Does anyone have a list of all the parameters (Fieldnames) that can be used with DNO_Cust04?

Regards,

Francois