cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile - Working in Offline Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can anyone pls help me out in working in offline mode in sap mobile bi for iPad. The sap mobile bi version I am using is 4.4.18.

I can open the reports online properly. I am saving the reports on my iPad by clicking on '+' icon which appears on the report. When I click on '+' icon home icon appears at top right corner of the report.

When I select the option 'connect offline', I can see the reports in Home screen. But when I click to open it , it gives me an error as "This action cannot be performed. verify netowrk connectivity".

Can anyone pls help ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu,

You have added your report correctly to home page to view it offline by clicking on + icon. In addition to this you also need to change some settings in ClientSettings.properties file present in server.

By Default value for offlineStorage=false you can change it to true if you you want to view it in offline mode. And offlineStorage.ttl=365 denotes your local copy will be removed from after 365 days.

After changing values of this file you will be able to view reports on ipad in offline mode.

Attaching admin guide for version 4.4.18 for your reference. Page no 59 has details.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/44x_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

Regards

Shabnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabnam,

Thanks for you suggestion !

I tried setting offlineStorage to true, but it is still producing the same error..

Is there anything more I need to do ?

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu

Did you restart your web application server after making changes to ClientSettings.properties. Please restart the server and try accessing the report in offline mode from home page.

Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Regards

Shabnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shantanu

Also change settings of SAP BI app to offline mode. You will be able to see reports which you have added to home page.Just tap on the report and you will be able to view data for it in offline mode aswell.

Regards

Shabnam