cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process steps to remove one of the application systems integrated with EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Could you please provide full process steps to remove the integration of one of the application systems (SAP) to EM? Just to add, this application system is closed down as it is very old.

Few steps I assume are: 1. Disable RFC connection in EM to Application System which is getting closed down. 2. Remove the entry under configuration "Define Application System" in EM

Are there any other steps I am missing?

Hope I am clear with my question.

Best Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Affan_alavi
Explorer
0 Kudos

also remove the application system assignment from the parameter mapping profile.

in the application system being closed, deactivate SAP-EM via BF11.

I think that should be sufficient.

Regards,

Affan

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes the steps should be sufficient.

Instead completely disabling EM you could also disable all AO Types/Event Types in /SAPTRX/ASC0AO.

Best regards,
Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffen and Affan

As I mentioned, I request your inputs on the steps we need to take care in EM system if one of the application systems is being decommissioned (closed).

Are there any other changes we need to make in EM system so that there will not be any future issues?

Best Regards
Ravi

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On EM site it depends on your scenario.

General thing is only the mapping profile.

You should check if you have activities that call your deprecated Application system. Maybe in the UI there is a drill down to SAPGUI customized. But all this things are very specific.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Steffen

But once the RFC is disabled and application system is closed down, there will be no data flowing to and from EM for this application system. Then no activity (EH or EVM based) will be triggered automatically which calls application system.

So as per your suggestion, we need to do the following on EM system.

1. Disable RFC

2. Remove the Application system entry under "Define Application System" configuration

3. Remove the entries of mapping profile

Please confirm if my understanding is correct.

Best Regards

Ravi

Berthold_vH
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

as Steffen already mention if the steps above are correct we cannot tell you. It really depends on your scenario.

If you have a scenario where an application system is just use for creating Event Handler and sending Event Messages and you want to switch off this application systemy steps above should be sufficent. But depending on your switch off scenario I would change the sequence - start to remove the application system entry first in your application object. Then after all events have been reported start to remove the application system from the event types (it may can occur some inconsistencies as the communication from the application object is dropped earlier but this depends on your scenario). The advantage of this method is that all Event Handlers are finished. Then remove mapping profile and disable RFC.

In case you have a scenario with communication betweeen EM and the application system e.g. EM triggers an action in your application system in case an event is overdue you need also change your customizing accordingly. Same is true as Steffen already mention if you have configured drill down functionality to your application system.

So before switching off you should go through your scenario and check if there are any calls from EM side to your application system which need to be changed.

Best regards

Berthold

Answers (0)