cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half Day Leave Deduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello HCM folks,

Since am quite fresh in this and dont have any knowledge on how to execute this scenario. Therefore seeking a help from expert guys in here..

Am looking for a condition, where the late login should mark a HALF DAY LEAVE of an employee. I dont know whether I have to write a PCR for this or is there any pre-setting available which is to be activated in the system.

SCENARIO: if the employee logs-in late for 4 times in any day of a calendar month, then on the 4th late login day, HALF day's leave should be considered. A grace time of 5 mins will be allowed only 3 times a month. 3 late entries in a month are acceptable, but if the employee logs in late for 4th time in the same month, then half day will be marked against the employee from Casual Leave / Priviledge Leave / Sick Leave quota. On exhausting the leaves available, leave without pay will  be marked/considered

PLZ HELP me to put this condition is the SAP system.

Regards

TahirMuzza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Im new to SAP , im sharing just my opinion if it is wrong please suggest me by correcting it.

To deduct the half day leave quota on fourth late login of employee  attendance as suggested by Experts , store the entitlement of leave quotas in separate time types and compare with 0.5 if >= then deduct 0.5and update the respective quota using UPDTQ01 if < set hrs=next time type zzzz like above follow the process.

Special thanks to WOODY. for sharing such a wonderful blog which help like us to learn .

Regards,

Naidu.

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No you don't need to store Leave Quota in separate time types.

Please following example below:

Customer's request: every year employee has Annual Leave Quota 12 days: generated on 31 Dec last year => so in IT2006 u will have Annual Leave Quota 12 days (deduction period from 01Jan to 31Dec this year and of course it starts with 0)

In this year, if employee goes office late 4 times: deduction 1 days in Annual Leave Quota -> after u logic to deduce Leave Quota, in IT2006, deduction is 1 (total still 12, but deduction from 0 -> to 1). You can do by (using PCR in Time schema).

HRS=-1

UPDTQ01

Plz look at my document more u will clear it soon!

Regards!

Woody

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Woody,

Thanks for correcting me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thair,

If you have successfully written the PCR could you share the PCR screenshrots please

Regards

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer document Early or Late coming and generation OT by T555Z to check who comes late or not.

Accumulating total come late (such as Absence Quota basing on Working Date I am comparing with 20 days) and when reaching 4 or 5: modify Absence Quota as I mentioned in Carry Forward Absence Quota (in my feedback Santosh).

If you investigate carefully and deeply understand all my documents, you can do it very easy

Try your best!

Regards!

Woody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

As per your scenario,three times late coming is allowed and for the forth time half day salary should be deducted.For this you need to write the PCR. Since, I am also looking for the same solution which my client requires.I have the solution for a.checking whether the employee is late for more than 15 mins and b.to check whether employee is more / less than 3 times.

Rule 1 - To Check whether the employee is late more than 15 minutes.

d varstfirst

N      colop*

Y     d colop*  hrs = PBEG   hrs-DZ999   hrs?0.15

Y>   hrs=1   adddbZMWT

Y*    colop*

Rule 2 - To check whether the employee is more or less than  3  times late.

d   hrs=dZMWT hrs?3

•   colop*

>  hrs*-3    adddbZMWT hrs=0.5   addzlZ

Regards,

Surendhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the PCRs Surendra,

But any of these PCRs wont deduct half days leave

Cud u plz let me know how to deduct the leaves??

I agree Rule 1 will check whether if the employee is late...

Rule 2 will count for how many number of days the employee is late in a month,,,

But there also shud be Rule 3 which will (After Rule 2) deduct the half day from the employees absence quota,,

PLZ SUGGEST ME THT TOOO ..

Cheers

TahirMuzza

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a Time Type to count the "Late Log-in", such as 9LLI.

Modify a PCR that checks the Log-in Time so that it creates the Late Log-in Time Type with HRS=1 when an employee is late for more than x minutes, possibly the same PCR that creates an absence if the employee is late for more than y minutes (as in, what happens if the employee is late for 500 minutes?).

Create a PCR that reads yesterday's value of 9LLI and adds it to today's 9LLI, except for the first day of the month where only today's value is used, and compares the sum to 4 (or to a constant from V_T511K that has that value).