Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Package in SAP MI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on SAP MI. I was going to SAP Help to create Setup package

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/1eb142a174c811e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

I have certain questions regarding the same:

1. In SAP help it is given to create a technical User who is assigned to services mi_mds . Can anyone help me on this.

2. In Sap help it is given to assign Platform to setup package. Platform field on screen is drop down list box with no data . How can i add data to that field?

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

The following are the steps to create the set up package:

1) You should have the access rights to NWA, where setup package configurations are done.

2) Create two device configurations.

3) For first device configuration assign the framework(Eg:NW04S or NW04--Mobile engine) under mobilecomponents tab, then assign the condition(Eg:Winxp,ppc2003,mobile2005) under conditions tab.

NOTE: Condition should be assgined only to device configuration where framework is assgined.

4) For 2nd device configuration assign the addons/applications (eg:DB2E,MAM).

5) Now create the hierarchy group and assign these created device configurations under device configuration tab.

6) Now assign the user ( which has proper access to the systems on which we want to create a setup package) under users tab.

7) Now come to the setup package link and give a search for the user assigned in the hierarchy group.

<b>8) Select the platform (winxp,ppc which are assigned in the device configuration which consists of framework ) and persistence</b>.

9) Select create button.

Cheers,

Karthick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartick,

Thanks for ur reply. I need to know what exactly NWA access rights are?

In transction SICF i got a Service with MI_MDS and user is specified as MI_SERVICE . Can i use this user as Unique user name while creating Setup package . Please do reply.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Kapoor

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

1. It is not access rights in NWA. you should have some roles for your user to create setup packages. Just check whether you are able to see Create button in setup packages screen. If yes, then you can create setup packages.

2. Functionally speaking, The MI_SERVICE is a service user, who will generally

do not use Laptop or PDA. This user is generally used by Setup packages to

gain access to the middleware for synchronization. But you can use this user

in Unique user name. Make sure that you have assigned this user in the hierarchy group. Check whether you have any other users who has synchronization rights in the middleware like S_SYNC and S_ME_SYNC. Functionally It is adviced to use

other users other than MI_SERVICE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I donot have any users who has synchronization rights in the middleware like S_SYNC and S_ME_SYNC.

But can we create them by transaction SICF.

Please do reply. I have just started working on SAP MI so i am bit confused

Thanks and Regards,

Neha Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

all you need it's to read carefully the "Installation of Sap Mobile Infrastructure 25 SPxx".

You find it on sapnet.

The technical user you asked before is usefull if you are using the MDI setup package.

It's a simple dialog user in the middleware.

This user has to be assigned to the NWA to the same group of end -users and selected for the MDI Setup package creation

regards

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Please read the MI Documentation from the help.

You can check whether the Setup package creation is working or not by using

MI_SERVICE user itself. Assign the user to a hierararchy group. Assign the

Device Configuration which contains the Framework to the Hierarchy group.

Make sure you assign OS Conditions to the DC. Like this you can create DCs

for application also. For doing these things, you should already have the Mobile Components uploaded to AdminUI. Information on this is available at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/1eb142a174c811e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm.

Regards,

Prashanth

prashantha_hj
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

1. In the MI Middleware, There is an ICF service called mi_mds. you have to configure that service with ananymous logon.

Goto SICF transaction.

Search for service name "mi_mds".

Enter data in tab Logon Data:

Procedure: Required with Logon Data

Client:XXX

User:XXXXX

Language:...

Password:..

And activate the service.

2. You have to create a Device Configuration with Framework mobile component.

and provide OS Condition to that Device Configuration as PPC 03 or WinXP.

The Device Configuration thus created needs to be assigned the hierarchy group

which has the user for whom you are creating setup packages.

If you follow above procedure, you will get the Platform data in the listbox. Basically the platform is filled by the OS Condition given in the Device Configuration.

Regards,

Prashanth