cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create backend contract from quotation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I'm trying to create a backend contract from an awarded supplier quote.

I'm on SRM 7.02 classic scenario with ECC 6 EHP 6.

The scenario is SC -> SoCo -> RFx  -> supplier respond -> award the winning respond -> create contract.

I've implemented the BADI BBP_DET_LOGSYS method CONTRACT_LOGSYS_DETERMINE to determine the logsys as my ECC system for creating the contract.

My problem is that the system responds is that a contract was created but looking for this contract in the B/E system did not bring any results.

Looking in BBP_PD for BUS2202 I can see the contract no. but the status is I1132 Transfer Failed (E.Sys.).

What am I missing here?

Can you provide with me with a step by step instructions on how the setup the system correctly to get the contract created in the B/E.

Kind Regards,

Raz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

A Contract can be created in SRM or ECC from an Accepted Quote.

You can create a Contract directly in ECC from SRM Quote using

1. SOA -  Supported ECC 6.0 EHP4 onwards only.

2. IDOC

Now whether to use SOA or IDOC is determined based on SYS_TYPE in BBP_BACKEND_DEST table for ECC system entry.

If the system version is lower than ERP_4.0, then IDOC is used.

In your case if you are using IDOC, then check in ECC (WE02) for failed BLAORD IDocs.

In case if you are using SOA, then check the SXMB_MONI in SRM and ECC and PI system (if setup) for failed XML messages.

Regards,

Sushil.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Raz,

We are also having same requirement as yours. Kindly help me to resolve the issue.

1. If we want to create contract directly in ECC. What transaction type we need to use. Either ECC contract transaction type or SRM type.

2. Any business switch need to activated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sridhar

sheenadias
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

You don't need a switch only to have this functionality.

You have maintain the logical system in BADI BBP_DET_LOGSYS method CONTRACT_LOGSYS_DETERMINE and whether it's IDOC or XML/ RFC or SOA depends on your erp entry in BBP_BACKEND_DEST.

Regards,

Sheena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raz,

Since your systems are running on SRM 7.02 & ECC EHP 6 leve, I don't think the contract transfer is via idocs.

I hope you are using PI / SOA to transfer the contracts to back end. Please confirm whether the replication is via PI or SOA?

Below notes will help you to fins some info about the config settings and FAQ.

Note 1268821 - SRM 7.0 / ERP 6.04: Config. of Central Contract Management

Note 1547977 - FAQ: Central Contract Management (SOA based)

Regards,
Govardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Govardhan,

Thanks for your reply.

For the moment I'm not using PI or SOA.

Further more I'm not planning to use central contracts, I just want to create a contract in the B/E system dirctly from the awarded respond.

Regards,

Raz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raz,

Contracts have to be first created in SRM and then replicated to ECC ( Central COntracts) Now you can do this with your current system details that you have provided with/ without PI.

I have written a blog to carry out this process without the use of PI.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/06/13/transfer-of-central-contract-from...

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for you reply.

I have read your very well detailed blog.

I still have a few questions if you could share some knowledge here.

As I mentioned in my first post I'm using BADI BBP_DET_LOGSYS method CONTRACT_LOGSYS_DETERMINE to determine the logsys as my ECC system for creating the contract in classic scenario, as a result I'm not getting any contract created in SRM, in fact when I hit the create contract from the awarded quote the system issue a success message "Contract XXXXXXXX was created".

Looking in SXI_MONITOR I can see an XML massage been created, this must indicate that I did something correctly .

As we do plan to use PI in our project I'm still waiting for my basis/PI teams to finish there part so we can see if we are on the right track here.

What makes me wonder is what you wrote about the need to create the contract first is SRM and then replicate it to ECC (Central Contract), is this mandatory? can we avoid it? as per my result so far I can see that it is not, am I missing something here?

Can you point me to any config. guide for this process?

Thanks & Regards,

Raz

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Raz,  There are two types of contracts in SRM.  1. Local contract- which resides in SRM and is usually for a standalone scenario. 2. Central contract- which is created in SRM and is replicated to ecc which is non editable in ECC. As the name suggest it can be changed only in SRM and distributed across.  You need to decide based on your business case which contract you want to follow. Now its hard to say why an XML is created in case even though you dont have a contract created in SRM.  Hope this answers your question. What I have mentioned in my blog is to avoid PI in order to create a Central Contract and distribute it to ECC.  Regards, Naveen
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know Contracts are transfered to ECC Backend via Idocs. So check Transaktion WE05 why the Idocs stuck in queue.

Maybe you have to to some additional settings concerning Idoc transfer.

Regards

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephan,

There are no idocs at all in WE05.

I must have missed something, is there any config. guide for this scenario?

Regards,

Raz