cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECM and EH&S link ECR/ECO with Substances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I’m trying to link a substance (from the Recipe management Workbenh) the n ECR/ECO (engineer change management).

In the Customizing profile, I’m adding the link to the recipe, specification, material and BOM. But when I’m creating the ECR/ECO the views that appear are not the selected ones (appear more than selected) and the substance or recipe do not appear at all.

So, how can I fix this or link a Recipe management substance with ECR/ECO. In the substance the field is block so I assume that should be maintained from the change master.

Any Idea? Many thanks in advance

Alberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alberto,

The necessary object type for RM should be Specification, Recipe Management and Classification. If you cannot see them in CC01, please check if in Customizing the 'Activation Switch for SAP R/3 Enterprise Extension Set' (usually 1st activity in customizing) is set for EA-PLM.

To edit a Specification with ECN open the RM or Specification workbench (RMWB or CG02) and click on the date field in the left upper part of the screen.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did what you said, the plug in was active but the characteristic not activated. Once I did all this, I Tried to link the substance but the following message appear "Workbench object type SRV_BB_EQR is not allowed"

Any idea of how to move on? or the customizing that should be changed?

Many thanks for your fast and good answer

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not quite sure where this message comes from. EQR stands for Equipment Requirements.

If the requirement is just to change a specification, maybe try to deactivate the object type 'Recipe Management' and try to change only with 'Substance' and 'Classification'.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI again,

This is not the issue, but anyway I will go for it later due to the fact that the ECR is tracked. Unfortunatelly, from the CC02 i can't see the Substance. Is it possible to do that?

The main reason is because form the CG02 I'm doing the change and I'm tracking the change but if the modifications are not correct, the system automatically put the ECO in CHange conpleted. And as long as i can't manage the object, there's no way back. The workarrount is to create a new change request but then i'm not controlling the complete change process.

Many thanks in advance and thanks for you patience

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, it is not possible. When you go to Objects, you'll see different tab pages and objects. These are called Object Management Records.

Object Management Records are supported only for following object types.

BOMs

Task lists

Documents

Materials

Object Management Records <b>not</b> Supported for

Characteristics

Characteristics of Class

Classification

Object dependencies

Configuration profiles

Contents of a variant table

<b>Substances</b>

Phases

Dangerous goods

SAP automatically changes the status of ECO to 'Confirmed', when you convert ECR to ECO if there is no object management record exist. That's why you get a warning message while changing Specification in CGE2. However, you should still be able to make changes. The system should not change the ECO status to 'Completed' unless you are using ECC 6.0 and automatic status changes are configured that way.

Thanks,

Pranav