cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Sales On Returnable Basis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The following scenario is the new requirement from the user. Please Guide me on the same.

The material will be sent to customer for trial / Testing Purpose and ownership of the material is still with our company (IDMC) and Material will be returned after testing.

• Material will be dispatched to customer, but stock in SAP will be shown as stock at customer location (Special Stock)
  • There should not be any accounting entry at billing document level (Proforma Invoice).
  • When the material is returned , Stock should again be posted to unrestricted stock from customer location stock ( From Special stock to Unrestricted stock)
  • No accounting entries will be generated at the time of goods movement  ( return cycle)
  • Need to generate the excise Invoice (In case of Excisable Material) while dispatching the material and the same has to be captured.
  • Excise Details should be reversed when the material is returned.

Solution:

From my understanding, I am proposing these 2 solutions.

1. Consignment  Process

Here, we can use the standard consignment process (Fill Up, Issue, Pick Up, and Return)

No Accounting Entries will be posted at the time of Goods Movement, as well as @ billing Document level.

Here my query is how to configure this process in such a way that only excises Details should be captured at the time of dispatching and how the captured excise duties can be reversed @ the time of Material Return.

1. Standard Sales Order  - ZSSO (Sample Sales Order)

Here we can configure the ZSSO-Sample Sales Order with LEIH – Material Type and LEIH – Returnable Packaging Item Category Group.

Material will be dispatched to customer, but stock in SAP will be shown as stock at customer location.

Here to capture only the Excise Details, Can we have a Separate (dummy) Pricing Procedure by enabling the statistics filed for all the condition Type Except for those Related to Excise Duties. Does this work fine??

1. Returnable Packaging Pick Up: By Using the Sales Order Type LA.

By this process the material is returned and Stock can be again posted to unrestricted stock.

No accounting entries will be generated at the time of goods movement (return cycle)

Query:

Here, how can we do the reversal of Excise Duties? I absolutely don’t have any idea on this.

1. Returnable Packaging Issue: By Using Sales Order LN

By this, we can invoice the customer if he fails to return the material in a stipulated time period/if he wants to buy that material.

Experts, Please Guide me on this Matter. If the above 2 solutions are unsuitable for this Scenario, Please suggest the right solutions and Guide me.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my knowledge better to go for Consignment process

In your case you should follow only 2 steps in consignment process

1. Consignment Fill Up

2. Consignment Pickup ( With reference of Consignment fill proforma Invoice)

Coming Accounting Entries

1. Consignment Fill up:

1. Create Consignment Fill up order - VA01
  2. Create Out bound Delivery - VL01N
  3. Create Pro-forma Invoice - VF01

4.  Create Excise invoice - J1IIN

-------------------------------------------------------

Accounting Entries

-------------------------------------------------------

PGI - No accounting Entries

Excise Invoice:

EXCISE PROVISION / CENVAT SUSPENSE A/C ------------DR

HE CESS PAYABLE ------------CR

ED PAYABLE - BASIC-----------CR

CESS PAYABLE        ------------CR

2. Consignment Pickup

1. create Consignment pickup order - VA01

2. Create  Delivery - VL01N

3. Create JV (Additional Excise) - J1IH

-------------------------------------------------------------

Accounting Entries

-------------------------------------------------------------

PGI - No accounting Entries

JV A/C Entries

CENVAT Clearing A/C ----- CR

RG23A or RG23C A/C    ------DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahesh,

Ur suggestion is working fine!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Rakesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your requirement can not be maped in standard SAP.

if the stock is at your location, you cna not post it is excise as excise will consider only movement outside the factory to cusotmers.

Better way is transfer postings SLocn to Slocn without excise as there is no point in posting excise and then reversing it.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion moved. Please use Internationalization and Unicode for CIN related queries.