cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria Server not starting as a service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to start my afaria server from my administrator portal as well as through my service.

I am getting the following error while starting from service:

"The Afaria server service on Local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs".

When I try starting it from my admin portal I get the following in my logs:

XRS0001

XRS1375

XRS4940

XRS2000

Where am I going wrong.

Regards,

Annuk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nick_mackerness
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anwaar

It is useful to provide the text of the message accompanying the error code, as they can be caused by different binaries.

In your case, seeing XRS4940 and XRS1375 suggests to me that you may have a port conflict, that is preventing the Afaria Service from starting. 

We can confirm if this is the case, by looking the error description for XRS4940, if it is referencing XSRedirector, you need to review the Afaria protocols that are enabled and the ports they are using in Administrator>Server>Configuration>Device Communication.  The most likely scenario is, you have specified Port 80 for HTTP traffic and you have a Web Server such as IIS already running on this port. 

If you're not sure what ports you have in use, you could run something like 'netstat -ab' at the command line to get a list of ports and the binaries associated with each.

Regards

Nick

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

This info surely helped me.

Thank You

Sajan M

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sajan, if this helped solve the problem, could you mark the correct answer above as the best answer for future reference? This will help if others run into the same problem. Thanks!

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

I surely would have John, but i don't think i have enough permission to mark that as one. May be coz I am not the one who started this discussion

Regards

Sajan Mathew

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Oops! I mistakingly thought you were the author, looks like the same fix resolved their issue too!

Cheers

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwaar,

Did you change the password for the Afaria service account or performed some service pack or hotfix upgrades recently?

Regards,

Kok Keong

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chan,

We didn't change the password. But the system had automatic updates on. So some upgrades might have taken place.

We reinstalled the Afaria Components, but we are still getting the same error.

xrs4940

What could be the issue. We are not able to move forward with the installation.

Regards,

Annuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwaar,

How you doing?

did you get any solution on this? I'm facing same issue, I have installed Afaria 7.0 SP3 and all components are on the same machine, Database too. Kindly let me know if you got any solution or got any problem causing reason even.

Thanks,

Dipak