cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two same users in Org structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if two SAME users can be created in PPOMA_BBP ? I have a requirement where in some managers in an organization handle 2 different departments or divisions.

Any suggestions how to fulfill this requirement ? Would appreciate & given points on helpful suggestions.

Regards,

Rajeshree.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You cannot create 2 users for the same user and assign to 2 departments. Ofcourse, technically it is possible to create 2 users for one manager. But practically, you cannot ask the manager to login as 2 users. Also there will be licensing issues.

What functionalities do you want these managers to perform ?

1) If a person is manager for 2 departments, you can create dept1, dept2 and assign these two dept's under Dept3. Assign the manager under Dept 3. He will be approver for Dept1, dept2 & dept3 here.

2) If this is not feasible, then you can use workflow badi to decide the approver.

Best regards

Ramki

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have worked on implementation we had relation exactly mentiond by Mani above.

In this case for each department you can create a position. And the user can be assigned to multiple positions. Futher, for example, if email/workitem is assigned for the position then the workitem will go to all user assigned to the position.

So basically whatever is assigned to both positions(departments) will be delivered to the user.

--Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanx for the reply & also mentioning your experience. In our scenario, now we are controlling the access using authorizations for such users who belong to two different departments & want to view shopping carts, bids, POs, PCs created by all users in all departments.

Rgds,

Rajeshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeshree

You could always implement the 'Spend Limit Approver' workflow. This requires you to maintain attribute SLAPPROVER for each user and is an easy way of routing work items to different users in the Org.

This can also be a heavy maintenance requirement, especially if there is a regular staff turnover.

Regards

Keith

pr_srinivas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically its possible.

you can have following relationship :

1Position---- 2 users

1user---- 2 position.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have seen one implementation where they have addressed this requirement by the way of Substitute user.

I.e. 'Rajeshree' will be the original user 'Rajeshree1' will be the substitute user.

So you can assign this two user at diff levels in org structure.

This user details are maintained in table substitute table HRUS_D2

BR

Dinesh

<b>Reward if helps</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies. I have rewarded for helpful answers.

It is clear for me that its not possible to have 2 same users attached to two separate departments in org structure. At the same time how can I fulfill the requirements of client as they would like to see this single user handling two departments in 2 different places in org. structure ?

Thanks,

Rajeshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried Pierre's workaraund?

<i>

"Use of "fake users" assigned under additional nodes. If they are used only for workflow purpose, you simply define an active substitution from fake to real user.

Every workitem will arrive in their good inbox."</i>

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

No I have'nt tried the workaround. This is because the person who is responsible for the two different departments needs to have access to all the bid invitations, purchase order & purchase contracts created by the users of both departments apart from workflow approval.

Also, one thing to note is are having single purchasing org & all users created as purchasing groups.

Any suggestions from your end?

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the possibility of option1 given by me ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i checked...they dont want to set up new division or department in this case cuz that will give wrong picture of the actual org as compared to SRM org.

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What exactly is the problem ?

If you define your manager in one department, he can still view/maintain the documents of other department also. In the role given to this manager (PFCG), pl maintain all purchasing groups from both depts to which he is responsible.

For approvals, you can follow the other workaround of substitution.

Best regards

Ramki

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is not possible as the system need a unique assignment in the org structure.

A solution is to create a second user for the manager and activate a delegation to his real user. But remember it is just a trick used by some customer

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible in SRM

Refer to this thread:

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski