Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking block on credit check

subhadeep_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a client requirement here wherein system will check the credit limit before outbound delivery (in VL01N) to happen. If customer exceeds the credit limit then user will be  allowed to execute (and save) the VL01N process but, there will not be any Picking. ie to say the Picking tab will not be populated with any data and will stay blank.

For this I have suggested an exit with program name, table and field name to my abaper . It will trigger the check and issue a suitable warning to the user. I was wondering if there can be a better way. I have already checked OVB6 and the link "Define Reasons for Blocking and Shipping" in SPRO but not sure how/where to put the control.

Requesting for a suitable advice.

Best regds

Subha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subha,

As you already in SAP Standard, Credit Check happen at time of creating Delivery & PGI. But not at Picking level.

What you can do is carry out Normal Credit Check at Delivery level (T-Code OVA8) but do not setting of Error message under Reaction (either set A or C). 

Now speak to your ABAP & insert a code in Credit Management User exit in Program LVKMPFZ1: USER_CREDIT_CHECK1, which is make the Picking Field non-modifiable if the Credit Check has failed.

This will ensure that user can create & save Delivery Doucment, but picking cannot be done.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

Need Clarity on  solution provided by you,As you can understand,at the end Delivery has to be released through VKM5 by an authorized person, that Picking should be allowed.

Are you sure,If we go by this solution,will it be allowed ?

Thanks,

Vikal Arora.