cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Convert BADi Logics to HANA Logics - BPC 10NW on HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have implemented BPC 10 NW for Customer.

And BADi program used for some complex calculations.

Customer implemented HANA on BW 7.31. Since BPC sits on top of BW without any migration  HANA capabilities can be used for SAP BPC 10 NW.

I came to know while reading some documents, SAP HANA will not support BADi logic at present to increase the performance of calculations ( I mean to say reduce the calculation run time, present taking 4Hrs).

To utilize the SAP HANA capabilities, calculation logic should be written on BW.

Is there any document how to convert BADi Logics into HANA logics for performance improvement?

please help

Regards,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

akos_beres
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hari,

How I understand in order to leverage HANA's processing power for logic scripts or whatever you run on the app server, BPC has to be installed directly on HANA not BW on HANA. Here is an old HANA summary page for BPC:

http://scn.sap.com/community/epm/blog/2012/03/09/bpc-on-hana-true-innovation-without-disruption

this is from page 21 of the NW install guide which states only reporting improvements can be accelerated:

3.6 Installing the SAP HANA Component for Planning and Consolidation

Follow these instructions to install the SAP HANA Component for Planning and Consolidation. This component accelerates report generation within Planning and Consolidation.

Prerequisites

You have applied the following SAP Notes

Reports in Planning and Consolidation can be accelerated using the SAP HANA Component for Planning and Consolidation when they meet the following conditions:

The storage type of the model is Periodic.

The reports do not contain any members with formulas.

A standard measure option in Planning and Consolidation is in use, such as Periodic, QTD, or YTD.

Only one Planning and Consolidation cube exists under its corresponding SAP Business Warehouse multi-provider.

Hope this helps

Akos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akos,

Thanks for valuable information!

I have checked my BPC system at BW side and Infocube is "SAP HANA - Optimized Infocube". And also I found that  HANA BW 7.3.1 not updated ( SP06 ) and also HANABPC addon need to install.

I will have to check the all notes mentioned by you are installed or not.

After installation of all I will have to re-run all the calculations 🙂

Regards,

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have you found any "how to'"  to' convert badi Logic in hana Logic?

Thanks and kind regards.

andrea

Answers (0)